1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Genderqueer if I don't care about gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Techno Kid, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Techno Kid

I'm a cis male (I think), I'll give you some examples of why I'm questioning though.
    -Besides family I don't have any male friends.
    -Most of my friends are female bodied.
    -I am much more comfortable around girls.
    -I don't get stereotypical guy things like sports or making fun of women.
    -If I was born female bodied I don't think I would be much different.

Is this just the description of a stereotypical gay cis male?? or is there more to it?
    Having said all that, I am comfortable in my body... the gender binary just pisses me off...

Sorry for making two threads today btw. This has been on my mind the last few weeks.

2. Obviously only you can truly say what your gender is, but there is more to gender than just whether or not you meet our culture's current gender stereotypes or who your friends are.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to how comfortable you are with your body and the gender that was assigned to you at birth. I could be dead wrong, though, to be perfectly honest. That's just how I personally experience my mysterious gender f*ckery and the impression I get from trans* friends of all varieties.

Other than that, gender is really effing complicated. Let this comment serve as a boost so someone with something more helpful to say gets a chance :slight_smile:

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first 4 points you made don't really mean much, but the 5th one does point to a possibility of agender....

4. Techno Kid

Thanks for your thoughts. I think you are right that it's more to do with how comfortable you are with the gender that was assigned to you at birth. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 17th Sep 2013 at 11:28 AM ----------

You both are right I think. About how the first 4 points don't mean much about gender. You guys have given me some things to think about..so thank you. :grin: