1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate the way I look

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MrSmooth, Sep 18, 2013.

1. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't even explain it I just don't, I don't have facial hair or a deep voice and its such a bother, I mean yea I pass but not enough because I always get confused for a freshmen because I'm only 5'4, I can't stand looking at all the other guys who actually look good or that can get all the girls, Or who actually look like young men, Yea theirs testosterone and I plan on getting on it, But that's embarrasing to have to go through another puberty while remembering you went through the wrong one, Its so fustrating its hard for me to concentrate, I get dysphoric all day and everyday

2. RawringTiger

Well Facial hair isn't a big deal so why bother about it? deep voices? pfft im 17 and my voice isn't deep its fairly high and why do testosterone i heard its horrible just be glad you are who you are

3. Sarcastic Luck

Because who we are is depressing and half the time, we can't stand to even look at ourselves in the mirror because it doesn't match the mental image of ourselves.

4. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If your not trans don't bother coming to this section

---------- Post added 18th Sep 2013 at 01:20 PM ----------

Exactly

5. Sarcastic Luck

..Ok. That's a little harsh. I've gotten some great advice from people who aren't trans.

6. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

I have to, let me rephrase it, If your gonna act like that don't bother

7. Sarcastic Luck

Or, you know, instead of lashing out you could explain.

8. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

How are you gonna tell me to b happy with what I have I'm transgendered bro, How about you turn straight and like women then and not be gay

---------- Post added 18th Sep 2013 at 01:27 PM ----------

Naw stuff like that upsets me I already get It enough and this is suppose to be a support sight

9. Dapper

Not to be an asshat or anything, but "transgendered" isn't a word :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: the correct term is transgender. Abd I'm sure he WAS trying to be supportive, he just doesnt understand much maybe

10. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think all RawringTiger was trying to say was that there are lots of cis men can't grow beards and have higher voices too.

Also, don't be embarrassed about hormones. They'll help you grow some facial hair. I'm not an expert of testerone and how it affects trans guys, but that I do know. Also, it does help with the voice to a degree too, but I do believe that might take some voice training as well. Just try to calm down. Sometimes we can lash out when our dysphoria gets to us. I know its frustrating, but just try to keep yourself chilled.

11. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

12. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just try and keep that frustration in check. You won't be able to get rid of it. That's what makes being trans so challenging, but you can control it to a degree. Lashing out at people is just going to make you feel even worse.

13. Sarcastic Luck

That's no excuse. I won't be able to go on hormones for another 5 years, at least. I'll be in my 30s. Additionally, stop acting like you're the only one that gets dysphoria. The rest of us do too. I sure as hell don't lash out at people trying to understand and help.

14. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I try not to, Everyday I look at other guys I just feel so much hurt i wish I could look that good

15. DhammaGamer

Some of that is normal envy. Hormones helped me a lot with confidence with my own body, and as I get older I worry less about how I compare to others and feel much happier about my own attractive qualities. It's hard to hear it when you're young, but just be patient, with you body and with your life in general. When you get some T in you, you'll prolly feel a lot better. Estrogen makes guys into whiny bitches :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I try but its hard I'm very unhappy and hurt, Who wants to go through a second puberty

---------- Post added 18th Sep 2013 at 03:33 PM ----------

Well im still gone be fustrated

---------- Post added 18th Sep 2013 at 03:34 PM ----------

Well im still gone be fustrated, Never said you didnt i hate when people say shit like that

---------- Post added 18th Sep 2013 at 03:35 PM ----------

Well im still gone be fustrated, Never said you didnt i hate when people say shit like that

#16 MrSmooth, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  17. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah man, dysphoria is rough. And I wish that there was an off switch, but there isn't. Dhammagamer is right, though. Everyone has their own attractive qualities. I know sometimes it's hard to see it, because some days dysphoria gets so bad you just look in the mirror and see a huge pile of "nope nope what the fuck am I supposed to do with this?" That's like 99.9% of my existance, bro, so I get it. And it doesn't help comparing yourself to other guys either, I know. But hey, you said in your other thread you've got girls wanting to dance with you. So you've got some attractive qualities of your own. Just chill, it'll get better. It'll take some time, but it'll be worth the wait.

18. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Yea.... They do even they might see it I still don't Iv'e been getting called ugly all my life, So know I believe, And I don't compare I get dysphoric when I see other guys that look 100 times better than me yea, And thats almost in all my classes, And sure some girls might wanna give me a dance, I mean it doesn't mean anything I can't get a girlfriend or whatever, I always fall for girls who are way out of my leauge

19. StormySea

MrSmooth, I'm only going to say this once and do you a favor: You're being an ass. I understand your plight, I really do, but RawringTiger was trying to offer advice and you shot him down in the most callous manner. There was truth in what he had to say: Everyone is their own, individual, unique person, and you can come to be at peace with yourself at present if you so choose. There is validity to that. You don't have to set your standards to those around you. You know who you are, what you don't like, and even how you're going to change your dislikes- you're in a place people can take years to get to! You really don't have to fight it anymore, because dysphoria or not, you're gonna be just fine kiddo. ;3
    (It's fine to vent, just not when you start to hurt other people.)

Anyway, looking towards the future rather then the present is the best way to get by that anger for your dysphoria. :3 I'm 5'4 as well, and I get mistaken for a freshman all the time as a girl! (I'm a senior xD) I look even younger as a guy, but it's actually kind of fun because then no one puts maturity standards on you! You can be as much of a child as you want, and when people tell you to grow up you can say you already have (and give away your real age xD).

You seem to be frustrated with your appearance, so maybe we can narrow it down: What don't you like about yourself? (Besides from your set gender, obviously)

#19 StormySea, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  20. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Alot like my voice, height, Its like sometimes I feel like I'm a nice looking guy then sometimes I don't, I don't like my facial structure either, I also want facial hair, But those things can only be changed during T, And no that wasn't good advice and he was being an ass to he's gay he's not gonna understand neither of you realize that by being in this body I'm suffering, And by telling me not to get on T, Well how about I just kill myself then because that's my only other option, I can't live like this, And I still don't like being asked if I'm a freshmen it's annoying And its all because I'm short

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2013 at 07:27 AM ----------

Alot like my voice, height, Its like sometimes I feel like I'm a nice looking guy then sometimes I don't, I don't like my facial structure either, I also want facial hair, But those things can only be changed during T

#20 MrSmooth, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013