1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transitioning for adoscelents?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by An Gentleman, Sep 18, 2013.

1. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've heard stories of people around their early teens (my current age group) who have already gotten hormones or blockers.
    But all the doctors I've seen want me to wait until 18 (I have a sinking feeling that they'll still refuse to get help...) to do anything, which I don't think I'll be able to do. When I realized my gender, my situation spiraled downward (it's not so bad as long as I don't mention anything...) very quickly in a few months. I want to stop things from becoming intolerably bad, so...
    What now?

2. suninthesky

Can you give us an idea of your general location? Then we might be able to help you find resources in your area. Also, are your parents on board? As a minor that's a big factor.

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    North CA, but in a more Republican town. It's a generally liberal place from what I've gauged.
    But, no, my parents went from mixed to disapproving...
    I'm not being kicked out or anything, but...

---------- Post added 18th Sep 2013 at 07:31 PM ----------

Oh, and I think someone in my area wrote an anonymous post about this...

4. suninthesky

I hate to say this, but as a minor, your parents have the final call. I'm rather sure that you're not going to be prescribed hormones until you're 18. How old are you now if you don't mind me asking? You might consider asking your parents to take you to therapy. Help them find resources to help them work through this too.

5. hof13

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ugh! that sucks man...I completely get how you are feeling...I'm going through the same problem with my parents.