1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does one make their hair loook feminine?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by twospiritlycan, Sep 18, 2013.

1. I've finally grown my hair to the bottom of my neck, and i'm pleased that I can grab it and make a small portion into a small ponytail with a hair tie.

Well, the problem I can't figure out to do short hairstyles.

2. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Let it grow more infront,dont cut it in the front,thats the difference with "masucline" and "feminine" hair
    Than have a line on the side to have some hair over your face.
    Be sure to use a lot of conditionner than iron it a litle
    [​IMG]

3. justjade

I was gonna say, just style it. I think straightening is particularly effective since (most) guys can't be bothered with all that. When you get a haircut, asking for layers and maybe some bangs will help. If you have very masculine features, getting something that will cover up the angles in your face will help a lot, so I don't suggest pulling it back in that case.

4. Don't some girls have banes? It gets annoying with them in my eyes all the time..

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I'm a dude but hell, I've got experience with this.

You let it hang straight and even on both sides, it's probably going to look more masculine. Does for me anyway. Bangs may help, as is parting it so more hangs on one side versus the other.

6. Hot Pink

I usually get my hair cut with bangs. It works better with my face. I used to have super long hair in the front, but I was told it didn't work for me, plus I hated it. One of my friends told me I used it to hide my face. After I got it cut, people talked to me more and I got hit on more. Apparently, I was hiding a cute face. Just saying that it really depends on the person. Some girls look cute with bangs, others need longer hair.

7. Mysz

When I had short hair, I liked to do a few curls to make it look feminine. Not very tight curls; go for loose and bouncy, with a colorful headband/hair clip.
    Once your hair gets a little bit longer than the base of your neck, try crimping your hair by braiding it tightly before you go to bed =) works wonders.

8. It's apparently really in right now to braid the front of your hair off to the side. it has the added bonus of being easy and keeping it out of your face, while also being cute and feminine.

9. Lipstick Leuger

Go ask for some layers in your hair. Put some mouse at the roots only and blow dry it while ruffling your fingers through your hair. Softness and layers/fullness will not only soften your features, but also seem more femminine.