1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to my mom?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by utsuratsura, Sep 24, 2013.

1. utsuratsura

So a couple months ago (okay like way back in March) I came out to my mom as gender-fluid/genderqueer. She was pretty much okay with it, and about a month later, I asked her if I could get a binder through InABind. And she was okay with that too. (I still haven't gotten off the waiting list ;-; )
    But since then, I've started to feel less 'fluid' and more male-ish?? Like, at least 87% of the time. maybe one or two days in a month i'll go 'okay yeah i guess we can be kinda femme today' but my femme is mostly just wearing maybe like eyeliner or a nicer shirt or something like that. I don't like wearing dresses very often, but I will if I have to, as I'm not out publicly.
    I asked my mom if I could get some men's pants sometime, but she's kinda disregarded the idea. Just like when I came out to her, I sent her the link to a powerpoint about being gender-fluid. But she never looked at it. She never read any of the websites of info and such that I sent her, and she still calls me things like her "beautiful daughter" and "pretty girl" and all that. She's basically just ignoring everything i mentioned in the letter i gave her when I came out.
    In the letter, i said how I don't like being referred to as a girl, or using female pronouns, or wearing women's clothes. But she's just disregarding everything.
    It's been about 6 months since then, and I'd like to tell her that I would like to be more masculine. But it's always really awkward talking about anything with her, since we're really not that close. I have no clue what to say or how to say it or how to make her listen. And she doesn't even get home from work till almost midnight, so it's not like I can just go "hey mom blah blah blah".
    I have one friend from school who's also trans* but I've never really talked to him about anything before and wouldn't know how to ask him either ;-; And I"m also not out to my dad yet, and I don't really plan on being for a while.
    So anyone got anything on this??

Sorry if it was super long orz