1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dryad, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I hadn't questioned on this, since lately but, as I started to see gender as a spectrum, a gave it some thought. Growing up, I was kind of gender-neutral, playing every type of game, wearing unisex clothes (mostly boyish, but I could put on a dress, rarely). I also had minor crushes on other kids of both genders. I was never really fond of very "girly" or very "boyish" stuff, although I had my own taste.
    I'm comfortable with having a female body (I'd like a bit smaller breast, but I'm fine with it, anyway) and name, but if someone misgenders me, I don't even correct them, I don't mind being called a boy. I have short hair, don't wear make-up 'cause if I do I feel like a clown or something, and I prefer not to shave my legs, although I do it sometimes, to avoid the strange looks. I wear both unisex and female clothing, but my female clothing has nothing to do with the traditional fashion, I'm more laid-back, on the hippie side I guess. Everything must be comfy, in first place. I don't like being "chic" or "fashionable", foreign things to me. Sometimes I crossdress a bit, at home.
    Could I be neutral? No anxiety in putting a label, I'm fine as I am, just curious. :rolle:

2. Niko

It sounds like you could be gender-neutral. Or maybe you're just a tomboy who doesn't care what people think and you're just doing what feels natural. Either way, as you know, a label is just a label. But I'd definitely do further investigation to see. :slight_smile: