1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figuring out my gender is confusing.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TinyBee, Sep 25, 2013.

1. TinyBee

Ok. I posted a thing about questioning Genderfluid a few days ago, But I feel the need to rephrase it, so here i go.

I have identified as female my whole life, and don't have any dysphoria with being female.

So I'm not fully Trans.

Lately, I absolutely LOVE dressing masculine, and usually despise female clothes. It just doesn't feel right, like I'm not supposed to wear skirts. Just thinking about wearing a dress... Ew. I'm happiest wearing my button down shirt and cargo shorts or a baggy t-shirt and those really comfy baggy shorts. And I usually avoid wearing earrings. (especially the really feminine ones, e.i pink sparkly rose earrings.)

Crossdresser..?

But wait. Not only do i dress masculine, but i usually /feel/ masculine as well. I don't necessarily feel like a boy, per se.. Just.. Masculine. I also don't really hang out with many boys, so i don't really know how they act/think in general, so i don't know if i fit in with males. So thats confusing.

"Transmasculine is a term used to describe those who were assigned female at birth, but identify as more male than female. Transmasculine is often used as a catch-all term for all people assigned female at birth who identify as masculine of center, including trans men, but the adoption of the term as an identity is a matter of personal preference. Those who identify as transmasculine, as opposed to simply as FTM or a man, trans or otherwise, often place themselves masculine of center- that is, they identify more closely with maleness than femaleness, and generally desire a physical appearance that reflects this identification, but do not identify as wholly male or as a man. This identity is similar to that of a demiguy in that demiguys often identify with maleness or masculinity, but only partially. It should be noted that transmasculine is not a descriptor of gender expression but of identity. Transmasculine people do not necessarily have to be stereotypically masculine in their interests or even presentation." (Direct quote from the gender wiki.) that sounds kind of like me.

Or some days i feel Masculine and feminine, or just.. Neither.

Genderfluid? Pangender? Transmasculine? Demiguy?

I don't know :eusa_doh:

Thoughts..?

2. Momosboy

As much as I hate Ke$ha's music, she has a point. We R who we R. If you feel masculine, great! Feminine, great! Neither, Great! You are YOU, and really, that's all that matters.