1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure how I should do it :I

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jessica79, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Jessica79

Haii I'm sorry for being back again but how should I come out as trans to people family and friends I can tell them but what about others I may aswell let others know because it will most probably spread and people will see the difference xD so i may aswell get it out there should I just change my gender to female on facebook or just straight up tell them?

Help much appreciated and remember BE YOURSELVES ^_^

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Experiences vary. For me, I sent text messages out for family and with friends I was blunt and straight forward either in person or through conversations on Facebook. For those I didn't tell, I just changed everything on Facebook and waited for the reactions. I don't think anyone noticed, except one classmate who messaged me with a positive response.

3. Niko

Agreed with what Daydreamer1 said. It just depends on the person. The way I came out to my best friend was through a letter I wrote. Parents forced it out of me, but originally I wanted to write them a note too. Another person, who I was friends with at the time, I came out through a text. I tend to get very nervous when talking about this, so being able to write my feelings out was the best option for me. So it just depends on how comfortable you are speaking about this.

4. Jessica79

I get very nervous :/

5. Niko

So maybe writing things out would be best for you. That way you can take your time to word things exactly the way you want and get everything out all at once. You can even write it and read it out loud if you wanted. :slight_smile:

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find writing to be easier than talking verbally personally. Give that a try if you're nervous. It might be easier to gather your thoughts and what you want to say that way.