1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice re: MTF and Shaving/Laser Hair Removal?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Thea, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Thea

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am in early transition and beard growth is causing me huge angst. I can cover my shadow successfully w/makeup. I don't have a very heavy beard, but if I shave as close as I need to (twice a day if I have a long day) I tend to get ingrown hairs and razor bumps which show through makeup and eventually break out. To avoid this I end up with stubble some days which makes dressing as ME awkward.

Has anyone out there found any skin products that help prevent ingrown hairs so that I can keep clean-shaven until I can get electrolysis?

Also, has anyone had success removing their beard by laser? One of my friends has told me it doesn't work for beards very well.

Thanks in advance,
    Thea

2. DoriaN

I never grew a real beard in my life since I hated facial hair to begin with.
    I'm 5 laser sessions in on my face and it's lovely. I shave once a week, all cleanup.

It only works on fair skin and dark hair, I'm whiter than sour cream and brunette soooooo bleh.