1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makeup

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by raven35, Oct 1, 2013.

1. raven35

raven35 Guest

Not sure if this is the right forum for this or not but I need to ask this. I've known I'm transgender for a while. I've always felt like I'm a woman although I was born (unfortunately) male. However, I haven't came out to anyone yet. My plan was to use Halloween as a coming out platform. I'm going as a female character but I would like to get it right as far as the makeup goes because I have no idea what to use or how to apply it. Can someone please help?:help:

2. Techno Kid

You will get more responces and help in the Gender Identity and Expression section. :slight_smile:

3. raven35

raven35 Guest

Ok. Thank you.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Great minds think alike! :thumbsup: I was actually planning on going out "dolled up" as a way of testing the waters this Halloween, too. They're two different things, but I was considering buying one of those simple make up kits, as someone who has never even experimented with nail polish or eye liner before.

If you search Google with "tips for beginners closets and older crossdresser", there's a list of all the "essentials". There are a ton of videos on YT, too, which I'd also list, if it were possible. Really, there's so much you could spend weeks shifting through them.

Even Cosplay tips might come in handy, if you're planning on dressing as a female character, specifically. I'm still trying to work up the courage to purchase these things up-front and in person, so there's not much first hand advice here. Sorry. :icon_redf

5. raven35

raven35 Guest

Thanks. Any advice is helpful. Thanks for the ideas. I totally forgot about youtube.

6. Silver Sparrow

It depends. What sort of character are you planning on, and what environment will you be in? The basics I wear (not every day, just occasionally): foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lipgloss. But for shows, you are "supposed" to have a thicker stage makeup that keeps the lights from washing you out. SO I guess in full, it really depends.

7. raven35

raven35 Guest

I'm going as Psylocke from the X-Men. I'm going to a costume party at a friend's shop. I've got the costume and a purple wig. But I'd like to have the makeup done right. If that answers your question.

8. SFSorrow

Could you get a friend who knows what they're doing to do it for you the first time as a practice, and then you could pick up tips on how best to do it so it suits your face, and also they could give you a bit of knowledge on basic mistakes to avoid.

9. Silver Sparrow

SF has a really good idea.
    Judging by the pictures i found when I searched on Google Images, it seems like it might be best to have a friend help you, or practice multiple times beforehand.

10. sguyc

You will need to practice beforehand or get someone to do it for you. If you try to do eye make up the day of for the first time you will look terrible, just fyi.

The best way to learn is to have someone teach you, but if that's not an option go to youtube.

11. raven35

raven35 Guest

Great. Thank you everyone!