1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My chest and those damned low cut tops!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BookDragon, Oct 6, 2013.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I finally understand clothes shopping. I've bought pretty clothes and I love wearing them but one thing has me stumped.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY are so many 'girls' tops cut so low around the neck!? Yes I know its all about cleavage but I've got none!

I'm sitting there, bra on with my boobs in and I look in the mirror and think, well that just doesn't look right! My chest's all red, or worse stubbly, the cuts too low and it looks like my boobs start half way down my chest!

Fair enough one or two of the tops might be a wee bit too big, but any thoughts about how I can make it look a bit more normal?

2. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are several falsies that you can buy and makeup to make them look natural by outlining and blending your skin tone. If thats not an option you can use cosmetics to give a shadow affect alluding to a crease and cleavage. Not shure if this helps but hopefully it does.

#2 SpitfireXSoarin, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  3. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some girl's camisole tops are cut a little higher, and make for a good underlayer with particularly low tops.

4. Bryar Thorne

Holly ya goofball where are you shopping that they're all so lowcut? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I wish I could send you all my girl clothes bahaha xD I never really wore low cut stuff.. You could always try to buy a camisole and make the straps tighter so it sits higher up under low cut tops so it's covering a bit more :slight_smile: Just like with transguys, a little light layering can help to cover more and can also sometimes accent the top well if the colors contrast or look nice together :slight_smile:

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been solving the problem so far by tying some of the fabric round the back of the neck together with a rubber band and covering it with a ponytail, but if you're not wearing a long top the front tends to rise a bit!

6. Mysz

Winter's coming, and scarves are really cute. Maybe it isn't your style, but a ruffled or plain scarf can hide awkwardly low cuts and give a boost to any chest =)