1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Dad

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BookDragon, Oct 7, 2013.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So it looks like I'm telling my Dad I'm trans today. I basically know my planned opening line...

"So as soon as it is possible (my mum will allow me to inform my sisters) I intend to live the rest of my life as Holly".

When I told mum it was a disaster because I got really upset and angry with her. She swears blind she was reasonable, I think she has blocked out the things she said.

Anyway, I don't want a repeat of that with Dad, so anyone got any last minute tips? Things to make him calm, or to make him open up? I'll take anything!

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Have you already come out to your parents as bisexual? That might be a good starting place for gauging how your parents might react to the news. Also, *usually* opposite sex parents are more neutral a lot of times, but there are no guarantees here. Opposite sex when referring to your assigned sex, that is.

Try to catch him in a good mood, someplace private, and be confident,. Once it's out there, it's out there. Have your ducks lined up, in case the blame, questioning, and denial hits you full force. Best of luck!

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I've told them that. Thing is he took it really well. Mum took it OK and then went MENTAL when I told her I'm trans.

4. Bryar Thorne

Good luck Holly! :slight_smile: I wish you the best.. You're so brave! You can do it though.. and it'll feel so amazing! ^_^ I'm proud of you! (!):eusa_clap(!)