1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Names

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kye05, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Kye05

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,
    I've been going with the name Kye for almost a year now but the problem is it still doesn't feel like my “real” name? Is this normal? What are other people's experiences? Should I go by another name? I made a list of names I liked it's kinda long.
    Gavin Gregory
    Wyatt Gregory
    Kye/Kai Ian
    Kyle Ian
    Ian James
    James Ian
    James Gregory
    James Bryce
    Bryce Asher
    Levi Owen
    Derek James
    Derek Jones
    Charles Samuel
    Oliver Wyatt
    Oliver Gregory
    Oliver James

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found that my name floated into my head one day and where as all the others I thought of went away, Holly just stuck. It stuck real hard and hasn't gone away in ages! My mum gave me a middle name.

Is there anything on that list that you could look in a mirror and say "My name is..." and it seems to fit? Something that you wouldn't have to learn to respond to. If you heard someone in a crowded hallway yell "Hey NAME" you would automatically think "do they mean me!?"

3. DesertTortoise

Oh my... have always believed there should be seperate classes of names. One set for childrend, one for that between age, one for youth, one for maturity... and a special set for the wise elders.

I just got my 5th name.. .my Faery name!

4. penguin machine

Names are weird. We generally don't chose them, and they generally don't change. We change our clothes, our hair our behaviour, even our faces change. But names only change in a small set of circumstances. So choosing one isn't quite like choosing a new hairstyle. I think at some point you'll hear something you like, and feel attached to it. My favourite male names are Jack, Dorian, Marcus, and Exeter.

5. Kye05

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thnx I already knew what my middle name was going to be Ian because that's the name my mom had picked out for me. I originally picked out Kyle for myself but changed it to Kye because I thought it sounded more gender neutral while i was transitioning. It's not really an issue anymore because I look like a guy and people think I'm one so I don't care anymore. I'm thinking of going by James or maybe Bryce.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Like others have said, my name really found me. For a long time, I was stuck between going by Josh or Brad. I really liked both names. I ended up choosing Brad, because it felt more natural to me. Many people have said that the name Brad suits me more anyways.