1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So unsure :(

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by mandiah89, Oct 8, 2013.

1. mandiah89

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello everyone,

My name is Mandy and I am new here. I am really unsure of my sexual orientation :frowning2: I have never been with a woman but as much as I try to be with men I cant do it. I dont get "excited" looking at men like I do when I look at women. Does this make me a lesbian? I went through a faze when I was a young teenager which was all but beaten out of me, and unfortunately I got myself into drugs and because of that I slept with a lot of guys but it never felt right. I feel like I don't know who I am, like I am lost :frowning2: . I dont know how else to explain it. Please help me :frowning2:

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC, you have definitely come to the right place. No one here can tell you what you are but we can help and support you whilst you work it out. I think the fact you get excited when you look at women makes you at least not straight the rest we can work on. Its important to know that you are not alone, most people here are going through or have been through something similar so im sure we can get you to where you want to be.

3. mandiah89

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you for your response. Im really not sure where to start....

4. Soddit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, honestly you don't need to label yourself as anything. Just be who you are. You can just be Mandy, no one will judge you for not knowing if you're straight or not. Just don't label yourself. No one needs labels. You are you and you is great. Don't fret over not knowing. Learning who you are is pretty much all we do through life, you honestly have a lifetime to figure it out what you are, if you want to be anything.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well what would you like to happen next? You could try allowing yourself to investigate the feelings you have towards girls more, allow yourself to explore and at the same time make sure you tell yourself it's ok to have feelings for girls.