1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure about changing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by skuyler, Oct 8, 2013.

1. skuyler

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've only recently realised that there's a chance I'm trans. I've never been really girly, I've always tried to wear more male clothes and I didn't feel comfortable wearing girly things.
    Every time someone mistakes me for a guy I feel really happy.

It's possible for people to be trans without feeling like they should've been a guy all their life, isn't it?

Now I know there's an option to change I feel myself longing for it. I'm unsure what to do now.

2. Nick07

What to do now? Wait. Wait and think and feel and then wait some more. Months at least, if it is a year or two, it will be even better.

Google stories of people who stopped transition, who are disappointed by it or simply refuse to undergo it.

Reading EC you may feel like it is the gate to Eden where everyone wants to run and never look back. That is hardly the case. I have been thinking why it is that EC gives so one-sided vibes. Perhaps because majority of trans people here are very young. I am not sure though.

Good luck

3. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is DEFINITELY possible for people to be trans without feeling like they should've been born the opposite sex for their entire lives!

That said, Nick's advice is sound - wait, think, feel. Don't rush it. It's been a few years since my "epiphany", and I still have moments of uncertainty.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chances are you probably have felt something like it deep down but never really given it much thought. Every so often I'll remember something I did in the past and think "Oh...well that makes sense now..." even if I couldn't explain it at the time.