1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm a boy and a girl.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Zular462, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Zular462

I'm one of those people who needs to write things down. Today, after months of questioning I finally figured out who I really am.

I enjoy being a male very much, but somedays I wake up and think "I'd quite like to be a girl actually today". So i went out for a long walk and realised, I'm just a bit of both! I don't hate my genitals, nor do I want to make any changes to my body permanently, so I've created a separate identity for my female side. A lot of people might say that I'm just a cross dresser, but the female side to me runs deeper. It's like a part of my identity that I can't explain, it's both sexual and emotional. It felt so good that first time I said "I'm a boy and a girl", so I know this is what i want.

This is my first place to express myself in my newly found identity, and I intend on coming out to my homosexual cousin tomorrow, he's been through telling the family about his sexuality and I hope to get some advice from him about doing the same with my gender identity.

Il do the same as I always have, dressed up and lived life in either identity that I feel like. I hope il be able to find some good friends here!

2. SilverGirl

oh wow, that's very interesting! ❤

and i love your names and your nickname! ❤

it's really awesome when we finally can be ourselves, do you think your family will understand? will they be okay with it? since your cousin is gay, i think he will understand it better, even though gender identity and sexuality are two different things

3. Zular462

My cousins fantastic, I consulted him when I found out to was bi as well, I think my family will go with it. It annoys me that I can't bring myself to go to school with my feminine name, but at my age the prejudice would be overwhelming. I'm intending to go to drama school so il be accepted a lot more then. And thank you for the name thing :3 I named my female self after a really hot girl I know, I think when I go into girl mode she is what I aim to be.

#3 Zular462, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2020
  4. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    That's rather interesting, isn't it? It's really good that you've figured yourself out; it'll definitely make things easier. It'll be even better when you get to be all of you, and not just one part. :slight_smile:

5. flatlander48

I'm the same way. If I can write it or verbalize it, then I understand it.

Actually, crossdressing defines a behavior, but it doesn't speak to the WHY behind it. For some it is the expression of one's feminine self; for others it is just an appreciation of the clothes and what you look like in them. Anyway, while the behavior can be very similar, the reasons and thought processes supporting it can be entirely different.

6. Zular462

While I understand your statement, crossdressers usually confine themselves to girls clothes, maybe a wig and makeup.

7. Skyline

Both male and female, huh? That's an awesome way to describe yourself! I settled on the term gender-fluid for myself (for now), but I like that.

This is awesome. I love this place because I keep finding new ways to put how I feel about myself into words through people like you who are similar to me in some ways.
    I can relate to this especially. I'm fine with the way my body is, and I'd never attempt to change it. My female identity I guess largely exists in how I communicate online, and in how my own fictional characters are mostly female.
    I have cross-dressed in private before, just to see what it feels like. I still have not tried doing it in front of people. Have you? What kinds of reactions have you received if you have?

8. flatlander48

Crossdresser is a generic term that covers a spectrum. For some, it is as you say, there is a change of persona. Also, remember there are straight, gay and bisexual crossdressers. While the behavior may look similar, the paths to get to that behavior and the personal interpretation can be greatly dissimilar.

9. Aarin

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I feel that way too, but not that extereme. I identify as male. I prefer my chosen name and male pronouns. I have bad gender dysphoria and want to transition, but I'm only 70-90% male. Yeah, it's weird.