1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transition Hesitation

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LightningRider, Oct 12, 2013.

1. LightningRider

So about three months ago I got a letter from my usual therapist to go see another one who is qualified to refer me to go on testosterone.
    All great and good but ever since then I've sort of been anxious I guess. I DO want to go see this new doctor and start on testosterone but there's just one part of my brain that is saying maybe I should wait and hope that everything just goes away.
    And I know it's stupid to hope that I'll just wake up and be okay with having a female body. But that part of me... I'm just so afraid that starting on T won't help me at all and I'll still feel as dysphoric as I do.

I just need to know if this sounds normal...

2. Ruthven

I've read about some other guys who have similiar kind of hesitations. So yeah, it's not uncommon I think. Take as much time as you feel you need, there's no rush! :slight_smile:

And yeah, the dysphoria probably won't go away like immediately once you start, but with time, and all the changes taking place it should all get better I think. Of course, it all depends on the dude I guess.

If this is what's right for you, I'm happy for you. :eusa_clap You're like right there, and I feel like so far away! :lol: I just need to get a job and then I can get my t too!