1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair my mother will kill me over

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by drwinchester, Oct 15, 2013.

1. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

So, in a nutshell, my mom didn't take coming out well as some of you may have heard.

For the last month, I've been presenting female for her sake in order to temporarily smooth things over. But of course, that's neither a longterm solutions or anything that makes my life easier.

So. I'm thinking it's high time to grow a spine, stick to my guns, and present however the fuck I want.

Big thing? The hair. My ability to pass is slipping away and it's correllated with the length of my hair. So, I'd like to chop the motherfucker off. I no longer have any qualms about making sure it's androgynous enough to appease my mother or something I can wear between femme and male mode.

But I need suggestions for just what to get. Anything you guys can recommend for a transguy to get that'll help him pass?

Thanks much. :grin:

2. TheUglyBarnacle

I am an advocate for fringes. Not only do they hide large foreheads and/or feminine hairlines, but also, they're in fashion and can be worn in many different ways. A shorter hairstyle from the get-go won't give you many options whereas with a bit more length you can freely mess around with it and style it to your needs and tastes.

Examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personally, my hairstyle is similar to the second guy's and I am often read as male.

#2 TheUglyBarnacle, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  3. srslywtf

Pay attention to a frw things when looking at styles u might like... if these are the same, itll translate better to you.

- hairline - how big is the hairless part of the forehead/etc
    - head shape
    - then obviously hair type/etc...

Also remember alot of phones/webcams/etc mirror the pictures they take - so if a style isnt working , try flipping the left and right sides... this also depends on where your part is/etc

4. Soddit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on your hair type, if it's thick it's harder to manage short. I think guys look best when they have hair cuts like
    [​IMG]
    If you leave the sides a bit longer too you can gel it back which looks more masculine

5. Hexagon

Something that covers the hairline, and I'd also say not too short, because really that makes it look as if you're trying too hard.

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Thanks guys. Still working out the schematics of what to get but like what you've all suggested so far and will consider. I've never gone shorter than neck length before so everything you all have suggested's new to me.

Not sure when I'll get a chance to chop the hair. Hopefully soon, since I resort to wearing beanies when passing as male (I'll post a pic of me now when I get a chance but my album's got some fairly recent pics) :lol: