1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kye05, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Kye05

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I first came out as transgender I was really happy, it felt like a huge relief. But now as I further along my transition it feels more like a burden. Sometimes I pass fairly easily and sometimes I don't. It's hard to correct people because I don't want to explain to people why I'm doing it, and because I'm still insecure about it. It's hard though because even when I do pass I hate myself because I'm still a girl. I can't afford surgery right now but I'm slowly moving my way forward towards starting T. It's kinda effecting my life and my self-esteem obviously because I rather isolate myself than go out and socialize with people and when I do socialize with people I never feel like I'm being myself and then I hate myself because I'm acting fake.
    ~Kye

2. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm not good with people either. I don't feel right with guys, 'cause I'm not one of them, but I feel like because I'm trans I'm different from the ciswomen as well. I think it might help to talk to people online, since it's way easier to pass when they can't see or hear me, and it gives me a chance to get used to being myself, which definitely helps me feel better about myself. But then I'm not out except for a few people online.

3. Aarin

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm going through. I've identified as a transguy for a year. I don't pass since I don't have a binder. Most of my friends are girls and treat me like their gay best friend (which is annoying) and the guys I do hang out with think I'm a lesbian. Gay/bi guys and Straight/bi chicks aren't interested since I'm not cis. Straight guys tell me that they wish I was a girl. Then the lesbians try to accept me and I feel insulted, since I'm not a lesbian. Yea, it sucks. Just remember that this is all temporay. Just hang in there and try to be patient. It's not your fault that you're not fitting in, it's cissexist society's.