1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did another transgender from susans place tell me I'm still female and homosexual

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MrSmooth, Oct 20, 2013.

1. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They said I'm still female and homosexual I'm a straight male who likes girls

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Why did another transgender from susans place tell me I'm still female and homose

There are some trans* people that say that you are not your gender until you transition. Personally, I think that is a total load of BS. Other than that, I really cannot tell you much without the context.. (But don't link the thread here, because that would be off-site contact).

3. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: Why did another transgender from susans place tell me I'm still female and homose

I didn't like that at all it made dysphoric because I know I'm not a lesbian

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that view either. So, you're not the only one. You know that you are transgender, so take what they say like a grain of salt. You know yourself better than anybody else can know you.

5. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

I never knew that some other transgenders may hve though that

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

There are some people out there (both cisgender and transgender) that think that they have the right to tel you how to identify. The more common term that is used to describe this is "gender policing". I've ran into it on the internet a couple of times now. It sucks.

7. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Yes it does

8. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Yeah that's the worst mindset to deal with. I like guys and identify as one, so I'm effectively gay, but I've been told that I'm not gay, just "a straight girl that wants to be special" with no place in the LGBT community. :dry:

You know you're a straight guy, try not to let people's gender-policing commentary get to you.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, man. Bad enough when it comes from outside the community- don't even know how other transpeople can go around with that view. I actually knew a transwoman who said the same thing about me- kept referring to me as a lesbian, that I just wanted to be a man. She came around once I'd been out for a while but irritating as fuck, listening to that. Thing is, before I came out, I think she had a bit of a thing for me...

-

Anyway. You know who you are. No one can tell you otherwise, even if within the community. Susan's has never been a favorite of mine anyway.

10. Nick07

And the worst thing is when they are so persistent that you start to think what if they are right :frowning2: Live and let live...

11. ConfusedRunaway

Don't listen to them. I have never experienced this personally from the trans community, but its probably because I don't go on any other communities but EC because of my anxiety, but what they're saying is complete nonsense. I have heard so many stories like this one from the trans community and can't believe it because I thought they would all be supportive, but I guess it doesn't matter whether their cis or trans, there are people who are like that unfortunately. Jusy make sure you don't listen to them, as long as you know who you are, that's all that matters. If you say you're a straight male, then you are, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

12. RainDreamer

Know this:

No one can tell you who you are.

Only yourself can decide who you really are.

No matter what others says, they are not you. They are not living your life, not suffering your pain, not understanding what it means to be you.

Of course there are people that can relate, and some have experience similar to you, but that is about the limit. They can give advices, and sometimes, those advices are great for you. But don't let them dictate you, define you, control you. You are your own person. If you, without a shadow of a doubt, KNOW that you are a straight man, then you are one.

Be strong.

13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

What TheCat said. I know some trans folk who have the mind set that you aren't your true gender until you transition. What a load of shit. I haven't seen the thread so I'm not sure exactly how everything played out, but if that's the case--screw that person.

14. Kat9Ta1lz

THE most important thing to realise IS what you are isn't up to them (anyone else in the world) no one else is inside your head but you. 'we are our brains' the body is only a shell a transport as it were. we all want a synergy of body mind and spirit and when that synergy is wrong we know it. Seven billion + people on the planet can all get together and say something is right, however that does not make it so. To be honest i would equate some of this behavior to rape believe it or not because its about exerting their will or power over yours to make themselves feel better or have the illusion that they are fitting in by degrading another that doesn't conform to what the general populace thinks is 'normal'
    Keep your head up you are what you say you are. ^.^ (!)(!)

15. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

I know who I am but it hurts that can't no on else can see me for who I am

16. Kat9Ta1lz

It does hurt, but your wrong about one thing besides myself one other person does see the real you, you do! :slight_smile: hugs 'you' are important too.