1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me please, I'm confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by eplitouirnelcis, Oct 22, 2013.

1. eplitouirnelcis

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone! I'm new here so let me know if this isn't the right topic ^^
    So this is the thing: I'm a girl, and I want to be a guy. I dress like one daily, I hide my boobs the best I can (I'm lucky, I'm pretty flat)... My mum is ok with it and my dad doesn't live at my house anyway. But the thing: I don't want to become a man, I want to be one. A feminine guy. Does this make sense? I don't think my family would understand if I transitioned, only to look like a feminine guy. I'd like to wake up one day and be a guy. Plus, I like guys. What should I do? I really need help here, I'm really confused about what I want and who I am!

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I don't want to become a man, I want to be one."

So if I understand you correctly, you want to be a guy, but you don't want to have to transition? Until I understand this bit I can't be much more help!

BTW, Don't worry if you still like guys! I'm a girl and I still like girls...well some of them anyway!

3. Summer Rose

I believe what you want is to have the physical appearance of male, perhaps be socially recognized as a man, but you don't wish to be the stereotypical, testosterone monkey every male is portrayed as.

I feel that, cause I have the same problem, just switch the sexes around.

4. UIOP

You want to be a guy without needing to transition? Is that what you mean? Well, I can understand that if that is what you mean to say. I'd love to just wake up as a woman but I will need a long transition to do that! If it's any help, I don't think you may actually need to transition - what is a 'guy' anyway? If you feel like a guy, then maybe that's enough. Personally, I'd recommend transitioning only if you actually need that to feel like a guy.

Don't worry about liking guys - that's perfectly normal. You're certainly not alone in that :slight_smile:

5. eplitouirnelcis

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thats exactly what I meant!
    Thank you for your answers! I think my problem is I want to be a boy, but still be a little feminine. Like I'm already a boy and I dress in a feminine way. Really lots of thanks to everyone!!
    And about the guy liking part, thanks too! You help me alot.

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AH so you want to be the GOOD type of boy! Not the gross icky overly-manly-tries-too-hard type of man!

7. eplitouirnelcis

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes! I'm sorry if I haven't made it very clear!

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you see yourself as a more feminine guy, then that's who you are. There's nothing wrong with that at all. I would just try to explain it to your family like you have here.

There are a lot of cisgender men that are feminine too, so if you family has problems with you being more feminine, then you can ask them if they had problems with more feminine men as a whole.

9. eplitouirnelcis

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you. I think I'm going to write this down to never forget it. This means alot to me :slight_smile: