1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Achieving an androgynous look for MAAB

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Techno Kid, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Techno Kid

Hi I'm a Male assigned, genderqueer, who would like to look more androgynous... to the point of almost confusing people. lol

The thing is a don't want to wear dresses or make-up. In my wardrobe at the moment I have a lot of dark colours and bright colours. I also have two pairs of skinny jeans (one green-blue, one light beige) when in public and regular jeans when doing yard work. Right now I wear purple skate shoes because I like the skate shoe style and have wide feet.

To give you an idea of what I look like (as I don't want to post pictures). I have olive toned skin, a big nose, naturally long eyelashes, puffy lips, dark brown hair (above the ears in length), 5' 9'' tall, and a 34'' waist.

Based on all this how could I change parts of my style to look more androgynous, but still flattering to my appearance? Such as hair style. I feel like my clothing is pretty androgynous, but it could possibly be adjusted too. Anything else I could change?

Thanks for any help, beautiful people! :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2013 at 10:38 PM ----------

I should add that I already wear nail polish.

2. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ai would try growing out your hair, and getting above the brow bangs. Also, I would recommend shaping your eyebrows...this is actually easy to do yourself if you get a good pair of tweezers/scissors and find a chart online.

You may even try dyeing your hair. As a general rule, blonde is a feminizing color.

You could also practice your voice and mannerisms to adopt more feminine patterns.

Also, facial expressions; nor sure how to describe that one, but it goes a loong way in feminization.

These are just a few suggestions. It's hard to put words to. To me, along with my naturally androgynous features, I like...I just sorta absorbed the feminine essence. To the point where I have had to retrain myself, and have onlu started passing as a boy again, recently; my post detransition gay boy still generally passed as a girl, and it's taken work to pass as a boy, again.

3. Techno Kid

Thanks for replying! :grin:
    I was thinking this hairstyle:
    Pixie-cut hairstyle with bangs for a boyish seductive look
    Shaping my eyebrows would be quite a shock to the folks. lol
    I have be practicing more feminine body mannerisms, but not much with the voice yet.
    Maybe I'll look at some vids about facial expressions! :slight_smile:
    Never thought about how hard detransitioning must be.

#3 Techno Kid, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  4. Ruthven

5. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! Something like that hair would be perfect. I recently cut mine from something very similar, and passed as female constantly, with it.

And, hmm, you could just say you accidentally went too thin with your brows after someone suggested a trimming?

And, yeahh, truthfully, detransition is more like continuing your transition, just in a whole other direction. Or better yet, an all new transition, altogether.

#5 chercheur, Oct 28, 2013
  6. Techno Kid

aww thanks Ruthven. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 28th Oct 2013 at 11:15 PM ----------

Good to know! :grin:
    I'll think it over, thanks so much! ^ ^

#6 Techno Kid, Oct 28, 2013
  7. Silver Sparrow

If you're comfortable, wearing shirts that are a little tighter/ more decorative can play as feminine.

8. Techno Kid

Thanks, I have a few of those. :slight_smile: