1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think it's getting worse...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nemo39122, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Nemo39122

You probably know that I'm referring to dysphoria in the title. I guess that's accurate anyway...I mean the dysphoria itself is getting worse too, but it's mostly the thoughts and feelings I have when I'm around people. Constantly monitoring how I'm acting, then thinking about how I should act. Constantly wondering what people are thinking...they're probably just assuming I'm a lesbian. Has anyone wondered if it's something else...has anyone figured out the truth?
    I think it's mostly because I started a new job with an ambulance company about 2 months ago. I have a crazy schedule because of school so I'm working with a different person every day. A different new person each day that I have to worry about as far as hiding/not hiding who I am.

There's also been this weird thought process I've noticed lately. When I'm around women/girls, I catch myself thinking "I'm not one of you/them...can you/they tell...?" and when I'm around men/boys its "I'm one of you/them...can you/they tell...?"
    I feel like I'm undercover or something all the time, like I'm in a disguise. Pretending to be female. Hiding who I am underneath. It's starting to make everything feel strange...like I'm disconnected from the rest of the world. I feel really alone lately...almost like an alien...

Does anyone have any advice, or at least can relate?

2. Grimm

I know exactly how you feel (just from the opposite perspective). I don't think I could have put it nearly as eloquently as you have though. I can't offer any advice, because I'm still working through it myself, but I can let you know that you aren't alone and that you've helped me a little by reminding me of the same. (*hug*)

3. ConfusedRunaway

I can definitely relate. Its gets pretty tough and its very hard to manage, I'm not even quite sure how to overcome it, I just bear with it. I can't give you much advice, except don't let it take over too much of your life, but I can let you know you are not alone, and if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What happens if you stop hiding it?

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can totally relate. I still get that thought process wondering if girls know that I'm male even though I am out now. I also began to feel really, really disconnected before I came out. It just felt like I was not part of the world... things have been better since I have come out, but I still do get thoughts like you mentioned sometimes.

6. Nemo39122

Thanks (*hug*) It means a lot just to know someone else understands. I try to just bear with it, its just some days I can't keep toughing it out anymore and I get really depressed (that doesn't even seem to describe it, but I'm sure you understand what I mean)

I'm not sure. I'm sure I wouldn't be rejected by EVERYONE...I just don't know if I'm in a strong enough place mentally to handle all the stress and questions and pretty much inevitable rejection by at least a couple people.
    I have a really good friend from another online community that knows how I identify...last night she brought up how maybe I should talk to a therapist or something now that I have a job with insurance. I promised her months ago that I would when I was able to. I know I should, but I'm afraid to. It's like that would make it even more real...I kinda just want to hide from this somehow.