1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neutralisation?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NID, Oct 28, 2013.

1. NID

NID

Hi everyone,

First I'd like to thank all the kind people in my last thread here, you were all so very kind and I wanted to thank you for that.

I am a MAAB and I wish to look completely neutral. My friend said he knew of a way with hormones that allows ane to appear completely neutral, or had heard of a way. Sadly, he hasn't replied to me in a few weeks, I'm not sure what's up. Nevertheless, this has been a growing obsession of mine. I'm constantly gendered as male and I want that to change. I currently compensate by trying to look neutral, but this is proving near impossible and is extremely discouraging. If anyone knows anything about this, I would be eternally grateful.

-NID

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What exactly would you consider neutral to be in terms of appearance?

3. oh my god I

Humm... it's hard to look COMPLETELY neutral... like on a physical level, there are only so many things you can change about yourself. Plus what IS completely neutral anyway?

You will have to think really hard about hormones too because chances are you will grow breasts. Well, that is always an option just a little extreme.

BUT, you can totally have a fabulously androgynous style! You can also use makeup to give a different look to your features :slight_smile:

And that would definitely make you look less masculine to people! Do you have any inspirations? Androgynous people who you look up to? If not, you should find some and see what you like and dislike about their presentation. You can learn so much about yourself just from that even. :slight_smile:

4. NID

NID

A lot of the androgynous people I look up to are biologically female. I'm really jealous of them because it seems so much easier passing androgynously as a female than as a male. Andrej passes pretty well, but they wear SO MUCH makeup! I wear a foundation sometimes, eyeliner, jeans, long hair and a t-shirt most of the time. Sadly, it's so damn rare that I pass, which gets to me.

Honestly at this point, I'd take an AA and estrogen if that meant people not calling me 'dude' or 'him' anymore.

-NID

#4 NID, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  5. Nick07

And what pronouns would you like to use? Because most people will make their decision just between he/she. That would be OK with you?

6. NID

NID

Well. I definitely would prefer singulal they, but it makes me happy when I'm identified as anything but my biological sex.

7. Nick07

I am not sure how common it is for non LGBT folk to use "they" when it comes to strangers.
    I was asking because you may put a lot of effort into looking certain way, but if you depend on the meaning of the people around too much, it is possible that you won't be happy anyway.
    I would say that you need to be happy about yourself first, maybe to the point when you don't care about what other people think or how they address you.
    Because there will always be people who will refuse to call you "they" or "she". Either because they are mean, ignorant, not understanding or because they will see you for the first time and there will be something in your appearance that will tell their brain that you were born a male.

The hormones are not magical. Your brain is *hug*