1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This could be a big step...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by memyself, Oct 30, 2013.

1. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, this halloween, I've decided to step out of my comfort zone. I came up with the idea of making "Wrecking Ball" my halloween costume just as a joke, but i decided "why not? you only live once".

So far everyone seems really accepting of the idea. Even one of my really good straight guy friends helped me shop for the different pieces of the costume. It wasn't even like I was dragging him along, he was dragging me along. Like, I said I was just going to wear white short shorts, and he was like "nah man, go full banana hammock, be true to the costume."

Anyways, I got mostly everything together for this costume. I figured out how I'm going to layer the underwear and the tights to kind of "half-tuck" my junk. And it looks... pretty... and sexy :slight_smile: I've dabbled in crossdressing before, but this is the first time I've really gone all the way with it. I feel like I found a new side to me. Looking in the mirror, I found a whole new confidence I didn't have before. I feel like there really might be hope that I can one day fully express myself and be happy with my body.

I'm excited and nervous. The plan is that me and my (straight) friend are going to this college city that's really liberal that we go to party in pretty often. Every year on halloween, I see all the girls who decide to do a "slutty" costume, and I always wished that could be me. I always wished I could have fun and show off my body and not worry about it because "it's halloween". This year, I decided no more wishing, no more being safe. I'm going to take a chance, because life might suck if I just hide myself and never have the courage to put myself out there.

I expect the night to go well. It's a liberal college town with a big gay population (plus, if anything does go wrong, my costume does include a sledge hammer, lol). But really though, I mostly expect a lot of laughs. Oh, and cold, I'm sure there will be moments where I'll be very cold, haha but it'll be worth it.

Any advice on a first timer going out on a night in drag (a funny pop-culture reference halloween costume, but basically still drag)?

2. jessisgurl1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sweety I don't have any advice for you but I just want to say I am so proud of you, go out and have a blast and have a drink for me.

3. PeytonRose

Congratulations! Have a drink for each of us!

4. Silver Sparrow

5. oh my god I

Wow!!! Oh my gosh, you are so brave. I hope you have a wonderful night. I don't have much advice just, I really hope everything goes well!!!! :grin: