1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Envy (kind of a rant)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ConfusedRunaway, Nov 2, 2013.

1. ConfusedRunaway

So my friends are going to an anime convention this weekend and one of my friends got something I am in dire need of. A binder. She only cosplays and that's all she needs it for, and I guess I'm just envious that she got one before I ever did. I asked her what it was and when she told me, I held it and had to fight the urge to not run away with it. I am completely pre-op and look so feminine that it drives me nuts, and I want nothing more than to have a binder right now. I am getting ome actually, but by the end of November. I know I should be grateful for even getting one because so many others can't, but, seeing her throwing around that binder and me having to wear ace bandages for the weekend, hurt. Really bad. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, how do I deal?

-Kisa

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two things:

1. Feel happy for your friend. I realise this won't help you feel much better but it's better than the alternative!
    2. Just remember that the end of the month isn't that far away!

Also, consider what else you are doing to look less feminine! I realise binding is super important but there are other ways you can look less femme in the mean time!

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, as Ellia said, lot you can do in the meantime. Cutting your hair's a big one. Length and style matters. Some short styles (like pixie cuts) will emphasize feminine lines in your face so take care to choose something that'll emphasize hard lines, a masculine look. If all else fails, tell the stylist you're in the drama department and are playing a man.

Clothes and mannerisms matter. If you're big into fashion (which after reading some of your posts, I have a feeling you are), watch men's fashion magazines, that kind of shit, see what's in. They say clothes make the man. :wink:

4. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't wear ace bandages, man. They're uncomfortable as shit. They allegedly cause health problems later on, too, so I'd avoid them.
    Try using the "double sports bra" method. I personally use this method right now, and I can say this: it doesn't work as well as a binder would, but it works well enough on the small-chested. You put the first one on normally, and put the second one on top, but backwards.
    Also, check out the Man101 blog on tumblr. It has sound advice on passing.