1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it true?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by justjade, Nov 3, 2013.

1. justjade

People have been saying lately that I look like a boy or a man. I don't even know how to take it. I want to think that people are finally seeing me as who I am, but part of me wonders if maybe they're wanting me to look more feminine so they tell me that because they're hoping I'll change. I'm not out to a lot of people, so I guess it's possible that they're actually noticing my abrasive manliness. OK, maybe abrasive manliness is a bit of a stretch. Either way, I am pretty curious. It seems like outside of work, people are less likely to call me "ma'am" right from the get-go, or even at all. I don't get called "sir" either, but I think that's a good start. I'm not even sure what I'm wanting people to say in response to this, but I just thought I'd share.

Frankly, for not being raised or socialized male, I think I'm doing pretty well. :icon_bigg

2. Silver Sparrow

Well, in your profile picture, you look like Conan OBrien.

3. Grimm

^Yup. That was my first thought. :icon_bigg

4. Dapper

Is it strange I had the same thought? Lol

5. justjade

^ Yeah, I get that a lot. :lol: