1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, my life is falling apart!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SWAGboy, Nov 7, 2013.

1. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Help, I hate being a transsexual, it is destroying my life. I can't go on living with this fear of being a transsexual.

Nobody seems to be willing to help me, I don't know what to do. I have lost my new job cos I had nowhere to live so now my life is falling apart.

I don't know what to do, my life is falling apart, I barely leave my room and I hate being a transsexual!

HELP ME!

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Well, what exactly has being transsexual done to destroy your life? Were you fired for being transsexual?

3. Treehugger

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got a question. When exactly are you a transexual? when you put on make-up or when? O_O I'm confused sorry.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alright, so I've looked at a few of your older threads, and I honestly think you might be suffering from compulsive thoughts, since there isn't much evidence for you to even begin entertaining the idea seriously, and as someone who suffers from OCD, have been somewhere similar, except regarding sexuality. It ended after a nervous breakdown, basically, but learning more about myself and others helped me see that there's nothing wrong at all with being gay, and that's what really counts.

For you, it progressed from "What if..." to "I am!" even when others told you it didn't sound like you were transsexual. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, essentially, the more you validate these fears, but because you still identify as male, a part of you hasn't jumped to conclusions yet. I'd tell you not to worry over something that hasn't even been proven, especially something that only affects such a small part of the population, but that might not be enough in your case.

I had to immerse myself in that culture, expose myself to the fears, to see that there was support out there and real human beings who lived some of my worst fears, daily, before realizing it really wasn't anything frightening in the first place. What was frightening was realizing we still live in an intolerant and hostile society, but that is slowly changing. You might be gender-variant, sure, and you might fall somewhere on the trans spectrum, but then, so do many gay men. Life is really about learning to live with yourself, and deciding what that means to you.