1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know how much longer I can do this...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ConfusedRunaway, Nov 8, 2013.

1. ConfusedRunaway

I'm fed up. I'm so sick of these trans feelings and I wish they would just go away so I can feel a little okay again. Dysphoria is destroying me, and I feel utterly helpless, i just don't know what to do. My friend lent me a binder, and I am so happy, but I've become addicted to it. I dont want to ever take it off because I feel a bit better with it one. I wore it to p.e. and could barely breathe, I've fallen asleep with it on and my back has been hurting pretty badly, plus it leaves painful marks on my ribcage when I take it off, but I don't care, it helps the dysphoria, and right now I need whatever I can get. For some reason, I always do this, I searched why people hate transfolk so much and feel so...frustated. I'm sick of the hate and I'm sick of myself. I'm sick of worrying constantly of I pass, and thinking of nothing but this. I'm sick of thinking about how I'll never find a man to love me because I don't have the "right parts." I'm so sick of it all. But if I quit then I wouldn't be able to live. I can't live as her anymore, she makes me even more sick. Just the sound of her name makes me want to puke. I just wish God could've have been merciful and made me born the right gender. I have so many other things to deal with and this, this just makes me want to snap. I have to hide from my family, deal with some unsupportive friends, passing, dating, and hate from society. I just want to be a normal boy. Is that too much to ask?! I don't care if I have to deal with crap for being bisexual, and wanting, if I ever allow myself, to get married to a man, I'll deal with that, but being born in the wrong body I just, I just don't know if I can do this anymore. I just want to give up, but if I go back to being her I'll be absolutely miserable. I hate her so much, I hate me so much, and why do people think we choose this? Why the fuck would I choose this?! It gives me so much pain and grief and worry, why would this be a choice in the first place? No one chooses to feel this way, I can't help but feel like this, but I wish it would stop. I know I've finally accepted myself, but, the dysphoria, the pressure, the money it will take to get the testosterone and surgeries I need to be happy...its all so much. My only goals in life are to be a real man, and a musician, and I feel as if I can't accomplish them. I don't want to choose one or the other, I want, no, NEED them both in order to survive another day in this pitiful life. I know I must sound so incredibly depressing, but I'm just sick of it. I'm on the brink a meltdown, but am somehow keeping my composure, but I don't know for how much longer. How do I deal with this? Everyday it just seems to get harder, and I can't even make an attempt to get T until I'm eighteen, and that's two years from now. I know I'm only sixteen, but I'd really like to date some guys, but how? How when I'm almost positive I'll be rejected because how I am? I just feel so lonely, I have nothing but the internet to relate to, and I just feel like I'm coming undone. I wish I could change my brain to accept my gender at birth, but I can't. If I stay like thos, dysphoria feels like a noose tightening around my neck, but if I go back...I can't live. I don't want to be her, but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up. Please, any help or advice would do. I'm just so scared, and I feel like such a failure of a man for being so emotional, because that's unfortunately how I was raised, that even writing this is becoming bothersome. Any help or advice would be absolutely wonderful. :help:

-Kisa

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well first of all lets break up your problems a bit. It'll be easier that way.

Failure as a man
    Anyone who can hold this in without getting emotional needs there head examined. It's a hell of a lot for anyone to go through especially at 16! You'll get there. It won't be easy, but you can get there! Don't let the bad feelings win!

So, you want to date some boys.
    So obviously you want them to view you as a guy, just like you do. So what can you do to make that happen? You're already binding. Are you dressing and/or packing? When you introduce yourself to someone new, which name do you use. Obviously there is a good chance when you introduce yourself to a guy and they realise that you have a female body, they might not take it well, but it has to be dealt with. However, there are plenty of people out there who won't mind. I have no idea how to find them, but I know they are there. You might get rejected but you have to look at it from the perspective that you might have been rejected anyway, and if they won't accept you for who you are, why would you want to be with them!

Life goals
    Neither of those goals come quickly or easily. As for being a 'real' man, as you said medical treatments are years away and expensive for you, but there are other things you can do in the mean time. Musically? Practice like hell. When you get frustrated, practice. Make your music and let is soothe you.

Hate
    Why do people think we choose it? Because it didn't happen to them. Everyone is the centre of their own universe (although many will deny that claim) and if it didn't happen to them it MUST be a choice, at least on first glance. Most people never bother to re-evaluate that thought, because they don't need to. Those that do, often struggle with it but most come around.

Other problems
    Hiding from your family - Why? I mean obviously I know WHY you're hiding but what happens if you tell them? What happens if they find out that they have a son they didn't know about?

Friends - Are these friends you already told? Why are they un-supportive? Are they just not helping or are they actively against it?

Passing - This one might sound bad at first, and I know not everyone feels the way I feel about it but you know what? FUCK IT. Where do you draw the line? Which man is the unfortunate soul that defines the minimum level of passing as a guy?! As long as you feel comfortable and feel like YOU when you are out then it's OK. Don't get me wrong, it's much better when you get people instinctively using the correct pronouns but it's a start...you don't need to beat yourself up about not getting there immediately!

Hang in there! It's hard work, emotionally and physically, but you can get to where you want to be. The whole EC community is here for you when you have problems you need to work out, and if you'll let us we can get you through most of them!

3. ConfusedRunaway

Thank you a lot for your help. As for your questions.

Failure of a man: to me, this is stupid. Anyone should be allowed to cry or get emotional, its just so taboo, especially in my family, that it makes me feel bad and I have to hide like always.

Dating: I am dressing, just need some new jeans. I pack when I go out, but only with certain friends. I try to make a voice deeper, and if I have to introduce myself then I'll use my preferred name, only of I'm with people who know and accept me, or I'm alone. I know they'll be some people out there who'll accept me, I just have terrible patience.

Life Goals: that's what I'm doing at the moment, I'm not the type of person ti givd easily, so I'm in thos for the long run. I know these goals are both very difficult and expensive to accomplish, but I know they're not impossible.

Hate: I understand that, before I even knew anything about transgenders, they confused me and I couldn't relate, until now...I know society is only starting to accept part of the LGBT community, and it'll be awhile until they accept us as well, I just hope something happens to speed up tue process.

Other Problems: I can't tell my parents, at least, not know. They say they'd accept a child whether they be gay, bisexual,lesbian, or transgender, but its only if its a child that doesn't share their blood. I know my parents would throw me out, or force me to be a female. I already go to therapy for mental issues, this will probably make my Mum want to send me away. I have to wait until I leave to tell them, or else I might be putting myself in danger.

Friends: I have a few friends that fully accept me, but I think some of them think more of it as a joke. Another friend says she will never use my preferred name, even when I change it, because she already knows my real name and doesn't want to learn a new one. Another friend of mine told she fully accepted me when I came out, and I feel as if sometimes she'll go out of her way to remind me I was born wrong.she's even outed me to a small group of friends by "accident." I was longer none of them heard, or ignored it. She hates change, so I can see why she doesn't like this, but I gave her the benefit of th doubt, and she simply abused it.

Passing: I try ti be as confident as I can, even if I'm terrified on the inside. At school, going out with frineds, and even home. I always call myself a guy, and I do what is considered "boy behaviour," but its only me being me. I do what I can to make me feel like a man, and my friends who accept try their best to help, so I guess its not as bad as it seems.
    Thanks for responding. I think I'm a bit better after having my head cleared a bit.

4. Nick07

Kisa, you seem to never use paragraphs. I believe what you create is called "a wall of text". If you want people to read it, make it easier for them please.
    With my flu and hurting head, there is no chance I could read even only three rows of your text. And flu or not, I am afraid I am not the only one who gave up.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The issue with dating isn't as difficult as one would assume, at least for me. I've been out for years and I've had no problems being relationships with guys or anything. I remember being friends with a guy who was wanted to persue a relationship with me, even with my identity. It's easier said than done, but do what you can to keep your chin up.