1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giving up hope :-(

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anonym, Nov 8, 2013.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

My dysphoria is getting worse. I can't do anything about it yet because I still live with my family. My mum is the only one that knows and she disapproves. In fact she is being vile to me. I can't move out for at least another 3 months when I graduate from college. Even then, I don't know how I will manage to find a job as a pre-everything transexual. I am not prepared to carry on pretending to be a woman, even for the sake of getting a job. It is killing me.

I am literally giving up hope.

How do you find a job in this current market as a transexual?

How do you live with knowing that you may never have a relationship because you're not what any woman would desire?

How do you carve a life out for yourself that doesn't involve a family?

If you can answer these questions for me, please reply.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you find a job in this current market as a transexual?

The same way everyone else does, it's against the law to discriminate on the basis of gender. If you are really worried, go out and interview as a woman, and dress and start to transition in work afterwards. They can't do anything about it.

How do you live with knowing that you may never have a relationship because you're not what any woman would desire?
    That's not fair to so many people. There are and always will be people who you can find who will love you despite you being trans. There are plenty of people on this forum who have partners, some are even married and it still works. Don't give up before you've started!

How do you carve a life out for yourself that doesn't involve a family?

By finding people who are worth the effort. Nobody likes the idea of cutting out family, but if YOU can't live with them, then they must know you'll live without. What is your alternative? Keep them around and hate them and loathe yourself forever? Or more likely until you eventually choose to end it all...Find people who care about you, make good friends and stick with them. Family isn't everything. You never know, they may reaslise life without you in it sucks and try and bring you back and accept you for who you are.

3. anonym

anonym Guest

All well and good but now let's return to the real world.
    If I turned up to an interview looking like a woman dressed as a man with a guy's haircut, I wouldn't even need to open my mouth before the employer made their decision.

Straight women are only interested in one thing about a guy. No matter what surgery I get, I would never be able to offer what a normal guy can.

Finally, how am I supposed to make friends as a transexual when all I will be is the local joke.

4. Nick07

Honestly, I can't. I think that all those questions are real and legit. But so is the worry of a straight cisman who is afraid that he will never meet a lady of his life. Or someone jobless who hasn't been able to find a job for very long time.

A lot of woman like to dress in masculine way. If you are afraid of that, you can chose a gender neutral outfit for your interview. You can contact local lgbt center and ask them about lgbt friendly companies, they could give you a tip.

I am afraid you are insulting a pretty big amount of women here.
    And now you have broadened the insult to many cis and lgbt people.

Hmm, not nice :eusa_naug

You will be fine (*hug*)

5. anonym

anonym Guest

6. Nick07

"you're a guy."

Thank you.

And to the dating, I assume you will spend some time with the girl before you decide to sleep together. That will give her time to like your personality. Love can move mountains, you know :wink: Do you know the saying?
    Also, maybe a bisexual or trans girl would make you more comfortable and at ease? *hug*

7. anonym

anonym Guest

What I am saying is that I don't see how any woman would want to be with me. Of course I would want to get to know a girl, but once she knew I was trans I expect that would be the end of it.

8. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

I mean I feel the same way on the dating thing but their are some girls out their who'd be willing and not just transwomen or bisexuals actual straight women, I mean I guess if she sees you as a man I don't see that big of a problem I'm still wondering about sex though...... I would like to please whomever the same exact way

9. anonym

anonym Guest

So you find that straight women are willing to date>?

10. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea their are, Not all girls are like that I'm sure, It just takes understanding and patience and getting to know each other, I'm kinda in that situation know I'm attracted to her but were just friends I worry all the time even though she's a sweetheart to me, I'm just gonna take everything slow, So who knows and hope this happens :kiss: Lol

11. anonym

anonym Guest

Thank you MrSmooth. You give me some hope. All I've heard so far (and not just on here) has all been from cis people. I know theyr only trying to help but it's not the same as hearing it from an actual ftm guy. So thanks :slight_smile: Hope it works out for you with your friend

12. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anytime Anytime, I actually find it helpful from cis women to, And thanks I hope the same:slight_smile: