1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal that I love being mistaken for a boy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Lunarchy, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Lunarchy

I love being a girl, sometimes a little too much, almost to the point where I wake up in the morning and am like "Man! I sure am glad I'm a girl."

But at the same time, I love being mistaken for a boy, I dress in boy clothes, I do boy things, I sometimes even make boy accounts on chatango and just talk to people. I do like girl things as well, and sometimes I like being a regular girl, but I love it when someone thinks I'm a boy. It doesn't happen as often anymore, unless I tie myself down, and even then most people can see through my clever rouse, but as a child, I used to do the same thing, although with much better results. I once got thrown out of the rec-center for using the girl's change room, because they thought I was a boy, which was funny at the time, but now it has me thinking. My girlfriend says she did the same thing as a kid, but she did it because she liked a straight girl, I do it because I generally like the feeling I get when people think I'm a boy. What confuses me is, I would never, ever want to be a boy for real! :confused:

2. Kamina

You could be more gender neutral than others. I've never personally been mistaken for a boy but it would not bother me in the slightest, in fact I do kinda want it to happen. But that being said I am a girl and I identify as a girl. So I don't think it matters really. But if you want a label you sound very gender fluid or gender neutral to me! :slight_smile:

3. fortheloveoflez

Honestly, I have no idea what normal is any more. To me, normal means abiding to some rules because society says so. The rules can be illogical or logical.

So, you like when people perceive you as a guy. Cool. Whatever floats your boat. :slight_smile:

4. It sounds like you're a girl who likes cross dressing and passing. Nothing weird about that. :slight_smile:

5. blond

When i was like sixteen and seventeen i used to get mistaken for a girl.
    It amused the hell out of me for some reason. So yeah its normal at least to me.

6. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Yeah, I like getting mistaken for a girl, so yeah, I would say it is normal, but I also consider myself gender fluid.