1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Hidden Secret

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SoulStorme, Nov 20, 2013.

1. SoulStorme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am hiding the fact that I am transgender from my partner of over 1 year. When we first got together I tried to come out to him about being transgender and he said that If I am trans then our relationship probably wouldn't last too long because he is into boys. So, at that point I hid it away in my head. I mean, it was either stay in this relationship or be homeless again. I'm not "youth" anymore. The age cut off for most lgbtq programs is 24-25 and I just turned 26. What do I do? I've spoken with my doctor who is really great with working with transgender people and he said let's keep it quiet and start looking for other housing options. Is that right? Am I cheating myself or my partner?:icon_sad:

2. Scarlet Me

No; you're not cheating. You're definetly a boy, and your partner is into you as this boy. It should not matter to him if you were once a girl: he can't notice it anyway. Although I can see this as something that is driving a wedge between the two of you, so if you really feel like you're being dishonest you can look for solutions. But I would not call this cheating.

3. SoulStorme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, I am a boy who is tranisitioning to a girl.

4. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well that is gonna be quite hard to hide :L

I'd say go along with the doctor and find new housing options, even look into getting a council house if push comes to shove

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a crappy situation to find yourself in...

One thing to consider is, lets say you told your boyfriend today. Tomorrow, would you be living as a woman?

I would definitely start looking for new places, but I would like to hope, even though he has said otherwise, that he might like you for more than the clothes you wear. Because lets be realistic, you're not likely to change your appearance completely over night. It's possible he might realise he likes you for you, not your gender...but then he might be a stubborn ass and end it.

I don't know if you should keep quiet or tell him. I mean, I wouldn't want to be homeless, but I also wouldn't want to have to live knowing I'm hiding something like this from someone important to me. I guess it depends on how prepared you are to start your transition.

6. Scarlet Me

I'm so sorry! I had figured you were a FtM, I'm so sorry for that! Disregard anything I've said.:bang::bang::bang: It was not my intention to insult you, I just misinterpreted the situation, sorry! :bang:

#6 Scarlet Me, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  7. Two Spirit

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think you have to ask yourself what you want more, him or to live how you want.

If he can't accept it, then move on. After you transition you'll feel better, which will make everything else that much easier. Besides, you deserve better than someone that can't handle you for you ;-)