1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Clothes

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Grimm, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Grimm

So up until this year, I've lived in Oklahoma, which is a fair bit warmer than New York, where I live now. As such, I've never really owned winter clothes, and I find myself lacking. Since I'm going to have to invest some money in new clothes, I figured I'd go ahead and try to "feminize", as it were, my wardrobe a little. I have absolutely zero fashion sense. My clothes consist of nothing but t-shirts and jeans, apart from a few dress clothes. So I'm looking for some advice on getting some clothes.

I need something that's more "feminine", but not too much so, if that makes any sense. I'm still not horribly averse to guy's clothes and I'm not ready to make anything too obvious just yet. Specifically, I'm looking for a coat, a hat, a scarf, and gloves, and I need them to work with jeans. This is about all I know because, as I said, I haven't the slightest idea how to fashion. Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated, and pictures would be awesome.

Thanks in advance! :icon_bigg

2. Nick07

Hi Sera,
    that shouldn't be that bad :slight_smile: Those things you mentioned don't need to match. Think about gloves, a scarf or a hat as about an accessory :slight_smile: They can be fun and colorful, they don't need to match perfectly. A bit like a men's tie?

Do you need something for the office? Like a wool coat? Or something sporty, like a parka?

I don't shop online much, but the pictures can be inspirational. You can also try some application like this one: Esprit Online-Shop - Clothing & accessories for women, men & children
    (I hope the European part of the website will work from the US IP address...)
    Happy shopping! :slight_smile:

#2 Nick07, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  3. oh my god I

For winter, a lot of classic pieces are very gender-neutral, like a nice pea coat or a classic trench. Accessorizing can be a nice way to give your outfit a feminine touch (just because most men don't). Like, little flares of color with your scarf, belt, bag if you are a student, etc.

But, not knowing your age/style/goals it is hard to say. Why not look at lookbooks/fashion sites for inspiration? I like polyvore and chictopia personally.

4. Silver Sparrow

Can you give us an overview of your sense of style?

5. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

pea coats are great i have a female one and no one cal tell unless they look at which way the buttons goo

6. Jessica79

My Favorite fall / winter style is Black opaque tights, high waisted denim shorts, black converse, and a black top (it can have any style on it mine personally has a heart made from pink hearts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)