1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i find put who i am?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Pancake40101, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Pancake40101

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I consider myself straight, but I sometimes feel like I'm Bi. I have thinked about being a boy (i am a girl) lots of time. And sometimes i just have those kinda girl crushes, but Im not really sure. Its mostly because of my friends. I was wondering what they might think if i told them what i felt. I asked one of my best friends of all time what she would think if someone was bi in our friend group. She said that she thinks its kinda gross, and that she wouldn't invite them to any sleepovers or anything. I felt really depressed knowing that i was Bi i would never be able to actually trust that my friends would support me. I know my parents would and my family but I know that almost no one at my school would. I have hard enough times trying to fit in myself now. I feel like if I told a friend they would be grossed out or whatever and tell everyone and then everyone would just think im some weird girl and not look past my sexuality. I think these reasons make me want to not express how i feel sometime about being bi and thats why im not really sure. I really have no clue. Sometimes i think i am bi and others i think no i am straight and have no idea. I live in a very small town so no one is gay or lesbian or atleast no one expresses it. I just have no idea who i am sexually. Please help.

2. wanderinggirl

Have you had dating experiences? How were they? How do you feel when you mentally "try out" being a guy?

3. Pancake40101

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I feel better i guess. That i would be happier if i was a boy

4. wanderinggirl

Unfortunately some friends will be weirded out and closed-minded and not try to understand your heart. Some friends will leave. But the ones who dont, and the new friends you make, will be wonderful, and there will be even more of them once you leave your small town. Coming out as bi was a lonely process for me, even in a liberal city; I can't imagine that a small town would be an easy place to be out in.

Make sure that you don't feel like it would be easier to be a guy just because then your attraction to other girls would be more accepted. You may have to dig deeper to see if you really would like to be a guy, or if you are conflating gender identity with sexual orientation.