1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little rant-

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Manikin, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Manikin

I am biologically female, I identify as male, I like women's clothing- it's esthetically pleasing to me, and I like the look of it- however I am not female, I like men and no staying physically female wouldn't be easier.
    it makes me super upset when people take that I would rather wear dresses, and girl jeans then baggy pants and insert generic shirt, that I am a woman.. What someone where's doesn't dictate gender. And. I am getting tired if people telling me, including other transpeople stating I'm not trans because of how I like to dress. It is making me never want to tell any one again.

It makes me think I'm being rejected because of a judgement bases on a preconception of what someone is suppose to be. Who are they to tell me what I know I am... It's just enraging.

:bang:
    Manikin

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I know cismen who prefer women's clothing. Lot of them seem to like it because it's more colorful, aesthetically pleasing, fits better with their body type and what have you not.

Will disgress- people take clothes as a huge marker of gender. Which is unfortunate. Women, regardless of how they're assigned, can get away with wearing men's clothing and have it still be socially acceptable for the most part. As for men, can't get away with wearing something feminine without having our identities as men challenged to some degree.

Clothing's merely fabric. You wear what makes you happy and in the end, you're the only one who knows who you are.

3. Cin Vhetin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A big goal for me in my transition is to get to the point were I am comfortable enough with my gender that I can crossdress as a man. I have definitely seen some of the trans people out there trying to claim there is some correct way to be trans and anything else is just a confused cis person. In the end I just remind myself that if it makes me happy and does not hurt anyone else then why not. If I want to dress as a man and have people treat me like a crossdressing woman why not. I have a friend who went by the nickname taco for a year. If people will refer to someone as taco then surely referring to someone as a woman, regardless of their attire, isn't that big of a deal.

4. Manikin

It's just frustrating, I love to sew, knitting is meditative: my sister tells me I should do what I love, and se is right. It's just frustrating when I'm told because if hobbies and dress I'm confused- it's reminds me if how some people treat children.

5. oh my god I

Sorry Manikin :frowning2: ((hug))

If it helps at all, it's not just because you are trans, all men face criticism for being feminine or doing feminine things. It is a struggle that you share with any cis man who is feminine. That doesn't make it right though.

Hope you stay strong and true to yourself. :slight_smile:

6. BadCanadaJoke

so you're a drug queen in the body of a woman? I think that's cool! :slight_smile:
    Much love from me, hope it all works out :slight_smile:

7. Silver Sparrow

Good luck Manikin. I'm sorry I don't have too much else to say. Gender expression and identity are two different things, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.