1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time out—rocked the androgynous look

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Lena14, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Lena14

Out Status:
    A few people
    So I’ve been transitioning for about eight months (nine, but I took a month off to travel last summer), and it’s going slow. I so want to take the next step and start presenting as myself, but I’m not there yet. Mostly I need to lose more weight. Recently, however, following the advice of my therapist, I’ve started adding small touches of feminine jewelry and clothing. Last week I decided to wear a pair of girl jeans with combat boots, a low-cut top with cute bra (shows off my boobs instead of a sports bra to hide them), a scarf and puffy vest (thanks Pinterest!) to the local trans support group following a visit to my therapist and a stop off at the grocery store. My therapist told me I looked totally cute (that might be her job, but I’ll take it), I received what I can only describe as positive attention from people in the store, and during my meeting three different people asked me which way I was going—two guessed FTM (I’m MAAB). Yay! Now I can’t stop thinking about ways to pull this off again. I’m also starting to feel like I’m lying to myself every time I’m in boy mode—I wore a suit to work the other day and felt totally out of place (plus it’s about two sizes too big now).

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow! That's so cool! I wish people would mistake me for a girl :grin:

3. Nick07

:slight_smile: this is so nice and optimistic! Thanks for sharing!

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I could pull that off. Probably could have when I was younger.