1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First panic after coming out. feeling like a joke

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anonym, Dec 2, 2013.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

Help! I'm having a big panic post coming out. I have no confidence as a guy:icon_sad:

2. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What's happened? When did you come out? What is the nature of aforementioned panic?

3. anonym

anonym Guest

My family know and to start with it was a relief because they accept me :slight_smile: but now I feel like a joke as a guy because it doesn't come natural to me to act as a guy. It's making me have trans doubts all over again. f********************k! :-(

4. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well it is amazing that they all accept you :slight_smile:

It will probably take time to work on the way you act and nobody is forcing you to act a certain way. Lots of guys act "girly" and lots of girls act "manly" :slight_smile:

5. Skyline

I agree with what SWAGboy said; you can't expect yourself to change so rapidly, even if it is what you want. Give yourself some time before you go worrying about it and over analyzing!

6. anonym

anonym Guest

I think I act more manly as a woman tho and more girly as a guy :-S shouldn't I just feel...no different

7. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have read self-reports of other transsexuals saying that they embraced manly things after transitioning from "mtf"

Also remember that gender expression is different to your gender identity so you can be male-brained while still exhibiting behaviours that are "girly"

Also there is nobody that is 100% manly or 100% womanly, at least in my opinion.

8. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All of this.

What's going on right now is, now that you've declared your gender identity, you're noticing mannerisms that didn't stand out before. What used to just be "normal" behavior for you as a FAAB person now seems like very girly behavior for you with your male identity. It doesn't make you a joke, or less of a man, or anything like that! It'll just take some time for you to unlearn and relearn social cues, if you want to do that. Some things will come naturally, so don't look at it as a daunting task.

Just keep calm. It's like SWAG said, nobody's 100% manly or 100% womanly.

9. anonym

anonym Guest

It just feels like I have such a long way to go to becoming a man which makes me doubt if I am man enough. Would it be wrong to start off by getting used to a genderqueer identity? I think that would seem less daunting to begin

10. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That wouldn't be wrong at all. Just remember to be forgiving with yourself. (*hug*)