1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about future and family pictures

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Daydream Harp, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Daydream Harp

Sorry if this is technically about coming out, I am not entirely sure if it is or not.

Either way I am feeling kind of worried about the future when I hopefully get to be in my right body, when all the family pictures of me taken in this time would show me still in the body of a bearded ugly fat man, and how my potential future partner(s) and adoptive children would react to it... I tend to try and avoid being photographed at all due to this, but it's impossible to avoid entirely during family get-togheters and such.

Anyone has any ideas of how to deal with this in any way?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, your partners are, I assume, going to know that you are trans at some stage so I have to assume that a couple of pictures won't bother them that much. At least I hope not, because that's basically what I'm clinging to.

Children as it turns out just take to the idea really easily. They're unlikely to think badly just because 'mummy had a beard once'.

3. Daydream Harp

Yeah I guess... just wish it was possible to erase from history that I ever was in a male body, and there is also the worry about kids telling other kids even if they are okay with it themselves =/

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know what happened when a child I know told his school friends about me?

Him: "Listen to me! **** is Holly now!"
    Others: "What?"
    Him: "**** is a girl now, her name is Holly"
    Others: "What? You mean ****?"
    Him: "Yeah"
    Others: "Huh...and THEN I was watching Ben 10..."

Some children will care, but it seems most of them (young ones anyway) tend not to. Especially if they know whoever told them cares about that person.