1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any "later in life" transgender discoveries?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by StellarJ1, Dec 5, 2013.

1. StellarJ1

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I see that there are many people in their teens, and even under 30, who have uncovered that they might need to live life as a different gender to feel like themselves. I haven't heard as many stories for those that are discovering this later in life.
    I have only recently realized that I am gay, and am still trying to accept that. However, I have found, in the last week, that I have become obsessed with watching mtf transition videos and hearing their testimonials.

One of the most recent developments in my acceptance of being gay, is an expression of a feminine side in my walk and attitude(or perspective). My voice also wants to be softer.
    It makes me feel at home with myself. I am thinking that I might associate as a different gender, and that might be a huge source for my dissociative experience and other social phobias.

It is really throwing me for a loop since I am in my mid-late 30's. I think I am in shock. Anyone else with a similar experience?