1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by p0cketchange, Dec 6, 2013.

1. p0cketchange

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I am female and really into anything girly (dresses, skirts, makeup, etc...) and i already know im a lesbian, but every once in a while i get an urge to dress and act more inbetween genderneutral and masculine ( it lasts like a week at a time). I just tried on an outfit for a formal event that was more genderneutral and it felt really good! Im so confused! I enjoy being a girl 90% of the time. I've been looking up other gender fluid girls but they all seem to be 50-50, and i know i'm not like that. Im going to expiriment more with this but it would really help if someone replied to me...

Hugs all around!(&&&)

2. Techno Kid

aww thanks for the hugs!! :icon_bigg (&&&)

Yeah I would try wearing different clothing for longer trials and see how you feel! :slight_smile:

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with techno kid. You can always play around with gender presentation a bit before you decided if you want to identify as genderfluid or not. It's a process, so it takes some time to figure things out.

4. Gingerblond93

I also consider myself gender fluid. I consider myself masculine around 80% of the time and feminine 20% of the time. Like you, when I began to get in touch with my feminine side. I would dress feminine only 5% or less of the time. As I became more comfortable with this side of my personality and trying on different outfits, to find a look and feel I like, I've increased the amount of time I express my feminine side, as my comfort level being feminine has increased. I still have not gotten the courage to go out in girls cloths in public and only wear my dresses, skirts and leggins at home in private or privately with my bf. I think it's easier for you as a girl to go out in boys cloths and no one to really point you out or stare, vs. me going out in a dress or skirt would get much more attention and not exactly the attention I would like. My advise to you is to enjoy both sides of your personality and find a style or styles that work for you. The best way is to check out what guys wear that you like and can see yourself wearing. I do the same with girls and their outfits. It's actually a lot of fun.

5. karina

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey if you enjoy doing that, dont make it complicated !! feel free to do it whenever you want to. Who cares if its 50-50 or 90-10. You can even be 99.99-0.01% all you want!!.

6. darklightness

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with all the other views in this thread. If your not 50-50 like everyone else, who cares? Your you, embrace all parts of you.