1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender and sexuality

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by eli123, Dec 7, 2013.

1. eli123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can you be transgender and bisexual? i'm really confused because i feel like i'm transgender (i was born female) but i'm pretty sure i like guys and girls. This is all so new for me...its so overwhelming.

2. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sure you can. Your gender has no bearing on what your sexuality happens to be. You can be transgender, gender neutral, or genderqueer and be straight, gay, bisexual, pansexual, demisexual--whatever you identify with. :3

3. eli123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

4. Hexagon

Yep. You can be anything.

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, as everyone else has said, your gender's got no bearing on your sexuality. Sexuality's who you love, gender's who you want to be when you love them. (to put it simply).

Bisexual myself but once, before I grew comfortable with my gender, identified as a lesbian. And that's something you might experience. As you come to terms with being trans, you might be more comfortable exploring your sexuality and what labels you use to describe it.

6. eli123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, thanks. To be honest i'm still figuring the transgender thing out, i mean at first i thought i was genderqueer but i don't ever feel like a girl it is either guy or just disconnected if that makes sense... but that might just be because i'm confused. I thought that transgender might be it but i don't want to take hormones so i thought that if i don't want that maybe i can't be transgendered..which led me back to genderqueer...it is very complicated.

7. Tayb24

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @ eli,

Transition is what you want it to be. If you want to transition without hormones, then you are by all means welcome to do it. Transition isn't just about taking hormones and getting surgeries, it's mostly about being true to yourself, and only you can know what you truly want. There is no wrong answer so just take some time and think about it =).

8. eli123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, thanks for the kind words :slight_smile: I have been checking out binders and feel that is a direction i want to go. It's the second thing i'm certain of(first is getting my haircut)...i think i'll just take it a step at a time since its so new to me... i get my hair cut short on thursday...can't wait.