1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What or Who am I?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lemonade94, Dec 10, 2013.

1. lemonade94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone, I am new to this site and I don't know much about sexual orientation and identity. Let me tell you my story and I hope you can help...

I am a 19 year old female and around 6 years back I started to like looking at other girls in my school... I did not know a single thing about lesbians, bisexuals, gays, etc and I felt really really weird. I didn't know anything about lesbian sex - I just loved looking at girls and thinking about how nice it would be if we could go out on a date.

When I was 16 I was out at a pier with a close female friend (I'd known her for around 4 years), I don't think she knew much either but she was sort of tomboy-ish, loved sports, dressed like a guy. She wasn't a dyke or lesbian (I don't know!) but I secretly liked her and hoped that we could be together. That was when I asked her if she wanted to be in a relationship... she agreed.

Our relationship only lasted around 6 months... we loved each other a lot but she was just always too busy for me so we broke up. I was really really heartbroken for a couple of months but now that's all in the past.

As time passed, I found myself seriously in need of a companion. I've found that I don't mind males, but I am not sexually attracted to them. I look at females (especially dykes and tomboys) all the time and how I wish we could be snuggling together in bed.

Now that I know a little bit more about LGBTQ individuals, I started to question who I really am... I've got a friend telling me that I am a Heterobisexual Lesbian... what does that even mean??? :bang:

Lemonade

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aside from not being a real thing, I'm pretty sure they mean that you are a lesbian attracted to girls who exhibit stereotypically male features. Frankly the label your friend has tried to give you is unnecessarily long and pointless... :grin:

Also, not that you can move it, but this thread would probably do better in the orientation section than gender :slight_smile:

3. Summer Rose

That...literally means nothing since it contradicts itself. The proper label would be bi-romantic(leaning-lesbian)/homosexual, since it sounds like you prefer girls romantically, but are open about it; sexually though, it's women or bust. These are all labels, and honestly, I recommend just doing what comes natural before labeluing yourself.

4. BreannaToBrian

I just...toss labels over my shoulder when it come to sexuality. It makes my brain hurt. :eusa_doh:

5. lemonade94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What if... I have a boyfriend, but I cannot bring myself to kiss or have sex with him? What does that make me?

I like him, but no way will I sleep with him. I much prefer sexual relationships with females :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 11th Dec 2013 at 10:15 AM ----------

I'm sorry! I didn't know which one I should have posted in :bang: Thanks for the heads up!!

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That would make you (assuming you had the boyfriend because you loved him, not just to say you had one) either hetero- or bi-romantic lesbian I guess...the labels get long and confusing if you want to be specific about it.