1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Hate Where I Live

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SWAGboy, Dec 10, 2013.

1. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am stuck in a small close-minded town with transphobic and homophobic people (including parents)

I just don't know what to do.

I want to leave so I can be free to be myself but I dunno how.

I have saved up some money I have about a grand but I dunno how I will support myself once I have moved.

I need to move to get better. I can't go on like this anymore, it is destroying me.

I just dunno what to do anymore.

I am trying to pluck up the courage to tell a doctor about my transsexuality but I really want to live somewhere else, I hate it here.

2. ChloeAllison

Hang on! (*hug*)

I know how much it sucks. I grew up in a tiny intolerant town too. If it gets to bad there are ways you can leave...
    1) There are shelters for kids who get kicked out of there homes because they are gay. But if you can help it they are sort of a last resort.
    2) Are you going to go away to University or College soon? You could use this as motivation to study hard, get a scholarship and have a reason to move to the big city.
    3) Ever heard of WOOFing? or Work Away? This is I avoid going back to my hometown. You live with on farms or Bed and Breakfasts over sea's. Anywhere you want to be. In many arrangements they pay for your food and board and in exchange you work 5 hours for 4 or 5 days a week. You can find a part time job if you have a visa to work in that country. It's the perfect way to move somewhere and at least know you are not going to be destitute if you run out of money. Of course being 18 or older is a requirement.

Stay Strong. You will get out of there someday even if thats not right now.

Always here to talk and bounce idea's off of if you want.

3. anonym

anonym Guest

I'm the same SWAGBOY. My family think my sexuality and gender are a choice. :roflmao:

Why the hell would I choose these things when they have literally destroyed my life ffs

I need to get away. It's unfortunate but that's how it is for some of us I guess.

4. BreannaToBrian

Holy crap, SWAGboy. Everything you said I can relate to. :icon_sad: That made me want to lean into my computer screen and try to give you a hug. I live in a hood where ANYTHING could go and not be dealt with by authorities. It's actually a big part to why I haven't come-out yet. :icon_sad: Dang, I think I need to make a thread of my own soon...made me realize.

It's way too dangerous here for any transgender to be here. That's why I don't socialize with anyone on my street or go outside. One moment I could be checking the mail, the next my name would scroll down your screen on the murder list at the next TDOR. *gulp*:cry:

5. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am starting to feel more up to looking for jobs so I might start that over the next few weeks or perhaps after Xmas.

It is all just so hard to handle, I cannot handle being a transsexual. It is taking over my life :'(

6. Gingerblond93

I don't know how old you are, but suggest take it one step at a time. First begin with looking to move to an area that's more open minded, liberal and accepting to the LGBT community and you can find support.
    You know your a girl inside, just let her begin to come out after you move. Just take a deep breath and do it one step at a time.

7. anonym

anonym Guest