1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ADULT-Onset Transsexulism!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SWAGboy, Dec 12, 2013.

1. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey,

I was just wondering if there was anybody else here with adult onset transsexualism who found out in their adult life and had NO idea about their true gender when they were a kid.

Most people I read about say they knew when they were kids and longed to use the girls locker room and stuff but I cannot relate to that.

I believed I was male until last year.

I was just wondering if there were any other adult-onset transsexuals here, perhaps further along their transition, maybe you could share how you came to terms with it or even your experience of discovering it.

2. SilverGirl

hi!

it took a lot of time for me to know, i only really knew since about 2 or 3 years ago, before that it was always a strange feeling that i didn't know exactly what it was. Be aware that this doesn't make you any less trans! Don't think that just because you don't have the cliché story of playing with dolls as a kid that you're not a girl inside, i didn't play with dolls and i don't even like dolls, for me there isn't "male things" and "female things" anymore, this whole experience made me feel much more open about this silly gender roles and stereotyping people do, and i feel much more free to try things that i want instead of things that i "should" want. (*hug*)

3. anonym

anonym Guest

Sorry to gatecrash on your post SWAG but I would be interested in answers to this too, especially as I can't relate at all to stories I've been watching and reading about transsexuals who wished to be able to shave facial hair or dress in guys clothes. They are excited about transition because they see it as becoming true to themselves and getting to do all the things they missed out on in adolescence.

Like swag but the other way round, I honestly believed I was female till last year.

So how do you get to know that transitioning is becoming the 'true' you when the feelings are so new and have destroyed your life

4. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for replying :slight_smile: Yeah I don't think it makes me less trans I just wanted to hear from others with similar experiences.

Don't worry about gatecrashing, you are welcome in with welcome hands (*hug*)

Yeah, loads of people keep saying that "they always knew something was wrong" or the clues were always there or stuff along those lines but I really didn't.

Transsexualism suddenly came into my life and completely rocked it upside down.

I'm the same, I have spoken to MTFs who have said that they wish they could have periods and stuff but why would you want to go through something so painful and annoying?

I am not excited by having to transition, I see my transsexuality as a burden.

5. anonym

anonym Guest

I see it that way too. It's not a positive thing I have realized but a dreadful life wrecking truth :icon_sad:

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I'm the same, I have spoken to MTFs who have said that they wish they could have periods and stuff but why would you want to go through something so painful and annoying?"

The first time I went out dressed, a gust of wind blew my skirt up in front of a group of people. It was super embarrassing but I loved it. I loved it because this is a thing that 'real' girls have to deal with. I wouldn't particularly like to go through child birth or pregnancy but in the shower this morning I felt close to tears when the thought occurred to me I'd never be able to say the words "Mum, I'm pregnant".

Being trans isn't about just wanting the positive aspects of being the opposite gender. That's the last thing it is. It is a sick kind of person who decides to "become a woman" in order to make the most of the things they perceive as being better for women. We want the whole package. I wouldn't LIKE having a period, they sound horrible, but if I had one I would feel like a 'real' girl, and that's all I want. That is why.

7. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Agreed 100%!

Okay I can see the reasoning behind it but I still don't personally want to have periods haha

8. anonym

anonym Guest

9. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  10. anonym

anonym Guest

I hope there is because I can't handle it. Everyone says it's a good thing to realise your trans and become the real you but the whole problem I have is it doesnt feel like the real me since have lived all my life as a female and not known I was trans. It's literally wrecked my life and I can only see it getting worse

11. Ruthven

Well my thing is a bit more early adult but...

I realised I was male at 18 (and now I'm a couple weeks from 20), before that I was feeling androgynous/genderless (didn't know terms and such at the time) for awhile, that probably started at late 17 or early 18. I have not known I was male since childhood, it just unlocked or something for me. And that was something that I was kinda insecure about early on, I would try and find anybody else who realised later and had no inklings of anything when they were younger. But with more time and seeing that I wasn't the only one helped me get over that.

12. Nick07

It will get worse if you go through transition. Because you don't want it. If you read more posts and threads, you will get to know that there are a lot of trans people who don't want and never will go through transition. And that's fine.

13. anonym

anonym Guest

Yes I think it will at the moment. I need to adjust to the idea of being a man still. Will people invalidate me as trans though if I choose to take a long time about it?

14. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No...well some people might but those people are idiots and aren't worth the time of day.

15. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah it was exactly the same for me, it just got triggered suddenly and sent me into oblivion, and destroying my life but things will get better.

It is just a really hard place to be in at the moment.