1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think FtM surgery will improve

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Caillin, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Caillin

Like lets say in 10 years or so do you think they could make like a full functioning penis that gets erect on its own without a pump and that itll be a normal size one. I know there is stem cell research so is it possible to make one that works like a normal one. Its not possible with out technology right now and how people look down on some forms of stem cell research -_-. to be honest I would give anything to escape my biological sex better but its hard to do when FtM surgery kinda sucks so I hope in the future it gets better. So what do you think can they make a full function penis with stem cells?

2. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is actually one of my ambitions. In fact, it was in my introduction post! Still, there are a lot of variables to consider.

Why stem cells? How would one make semen out of stem cells? Are there ethical issues we need to think about? What if we need to change the chromosomes first? What if the penis is rejected? What about the prostate gland and Cowper's gland?Should we just cut the majority of the bottom half? Should we just create a new body, but with a Y chromosome? Would this procedure have negative side effects? How the hell would the process even work? Can we invent an IRL Medigun so the patient doesn't die a gruesome, grisly death? Because that would be cool. Should we invent a respawn system, in case they do? (TF2 reference ? Or a just a general videogame reference?) That would be even cooler, but it could have... odd consequences, good and bad.

Until embryonic stem cells can actually help others, I can't support it (no matter how much pregnancy gives me the willies). If someone proves to me that it's extremely useful, I will support it! Also, you'd need a lot of experience in genetics. The best candidate for inventing the process is a stealth transman. Passing as non-trans would let him avoid a lot of grief, and he would know what it's like to be one of us!

#2 An Gentleman, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  3. Caillin

I wasnt talking about ejaculation or prostate I was basically talking about an average size penis that can get erect on its own...

4. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :dry: Take a look at the "XY anatomy". It's a bad idea to only take one part of the reproductive system. And what's the point if you can't take a piss out of said penis?

5. Caillin

Well you can with the surgery you were basically talking about creating a whole new body which makes because not all trans people hate their body they just hate certain parts and when i mean function penis that includes peeing..

6. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I kind of doubt things will get too much better. The penis is a very complex thing. I imagine that we will be replacing hearts, lungs and eyes before we figure out how to build a penis that can become aroused without help. I'm not a doctor though.

7. Caillin

well yeah well i was thinking how they are trying to make a function uterus which is complex as well. well i wouldnt mind if it couldnt get erect on its own at least i hope they will look better like realistic in the future.

8. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can probably print a penis. You can print a lot of organs now.

Unfortunately, from a realistic standpoint, I'm doubtful about improvements happening too soon.

9. Caillin

yeah well hopefully it gets more realistic in ten years or so.

10. Mister Ghosty

Damn, I'd love a penis i could use for packing, peeing, passing, AND penetration, all while being receptive to touch, and capable of becoming flaccid/erect... Basically everything except what it was designed for...

Well, science is certainly advancing in the direction of being able to print organs, so who knows? I'm not going to hold my breath though. It's better to pack and pretend I think, until the holy grail graces us with pecker power...

Well, don't worry. You probably wont have to wait more than twenty years.

Edit:

Damn, what about a robot penis controlled by the brain? Like a robotic prosthetic? It could work, right?

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give or take 10 years and we should see big leaps in improvement.

12. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd say in around 70 years.

13. Sarcastic Luck

Unlikely to be that long, given that we've successfully managed face and limb transplants. Medical science is advancing with leaps and bounds.

14. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well lets wait and see, I personally can't see it happening anytime soon.

15. Caillin

Well then go on a science site and see how much we have progressed just this year with all new kinds a technology.

16. Sarcastic Luck

Considering there have been complete face transplants where the person has been able to feel and use the muscles? I'd say that it's fully possible. A face is quite a deal more complex than a penis.

17. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, might be harder to build a pole than dig a hole but if they can do face transplants, pfft. I give it ten years. Five, if we get lucky. Options are getting better every day. I'd never do phallo with what we've got now but I'm betting in ten years we'll have better, less invasive and more functional options and I'll have a boner in my jeans before I'm 35, if I may be so blunt.

18. Sarcastic Luck

The biggest issue that I can think if is blood flow and the blood vessels needed.

19. Maustro

Maustro Guest

I can only hope for it to become more realistic. With what we have now, I probably won't do a bottom surgery.

20. Caillin

Yeah I think it will at least get more realistic looking.Even if it does not with the years ill probably end up getting the surgery anyways.