1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clothing choices

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Caillin, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Caillin

I notice that my confidence has risen quite a bit clothes wise I see myself now not minding if something is so girly like earrings im fine with wearing them as well as eyeliner and I was thinking do any other people on this forum open up to more girly or masculine things after starting to transition by that I mostly mean pre hormones but even after hormones did you start to open up to things you thought you would die if you ever had to wear again.

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well... I dunno. I guess the best I can say is that for the first time, I actually don't hate shopping for clothes. Before, I'd go in to the store. Nothing would look like something I'd actually want on my body- the cuts were all weird, the styles garrish.

What any other girl would've been able to pull off no problem, I felt like a gorilla wearing. But I got really good at pretending I liked it- on my 18th birthday, I went clothes shopping. Probably spent ten minutes actually shopping, rushed out of the store as soon as I had something that looked okay. This was after I'd lost a significant amount of weight and was able to wear "normal sizes"- one of the things I thought I'd love after I lost weight.

Now that I began social transitioning, clothes shopping isn't as terrible as it used to be. For one, guy clothing's that much more appealing. I can shop and within ten minutes, reasonably expect that I'll find at least three shirts I like versus maybe one blouse with women's clothing that I buy only because I'm "supposed to".

And then, I can also finally acknowledge that there are more fun things to do than shop for clothes... :lol:

Could I possibly be comfortable wearing feminine items after transition? Maybe. But guys clothing's usually made for comfort, which I'd rather have, as opposed to pinched, chiffon blouses.

3. Caillin

Yeah most girls clothing is uncomfortable lol but I dont know why but when I wear girls clothing no public though I feel like im cross dressing which I do privately in my room and it actually lightened up some parts of dysphoria for me which is really weird. hahah

4. SWAGboy

SWAGboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah I have heard of other transsexuals doing the same, not just in terms of clothes but in terms of other aspects of their personality and life

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You feel that way because you are...you're a guy wearing girls clothes, of course it's gonna feel like cross dressing...

Also, girls clothes are waaaaay better, you're both crazy :grin:

6. biggayguy

I feel like that after transitioning from bi' to gay. I like having my nails done and wearing bangles. It just feels so right.

7. Nick07

lol!! :d