1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might be transgendered but not sure...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by person57, Dec 16, 2013.

1. person57

So I've been thinking about this for a month whether I should post this or not but I guess I should. I think I might be a female, but I'm not sure. I never cross dress or wear makeup(except for one time when I went through my mom's makeup), but sometimes I feel I would love to do that. Whem I went through my mom's makeup, I put on some eyeliner, mascara, and concealer and I felt very beautiful and happy. But also sometimes I like to dress as a guy and look masculine. So basically, sometimes I'm in a girly mood while other times I'm in a manly mood. Also, I don't want to get surgery. I just want to cross dress sometimes. Am I a transgender? I'm kinda freaking out because I already came out of the closet once and I don't want to do it again.

---------- Post added 16th Dec 2013 at 09:09 PM ----------

Also, I don't mind being referred to as a she and I also don't mind being referred to as a he

2. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you feel more like one gender than the other? Not just talking about what you like to wear, or what activities you like, because anyone of any gender can like anything they want to - just how you feel in general. Are you happier being seen one way than the other?

There's a possibility you could just enjoy crossdressing, too. I have an ex that was a cisgender male crossdresser. He liked dressing up and wearing makeup sometimes, he'd even do his hair and shave his legs for it. For a while he even started incorporating women's clothes into his every day wardrobe, and he'd mix them with unisex and male ones - he had some fabulous leggings, and some less than fabulous old lady jackets. :lol: Gender identity and gender expression are two different things, and it's ok to be one gender and occasionally or frequently express yourself the way other genders do.

3. person57

No, I don't really feel more like one gender than the other.

4. Dewey

I can't know for sure but it doesn't sound like you're transgender. If that were the case you would feel very uncomfortable with your male body and unless you've wished you had real breasts and a vagina then I don't think you're transgender. To me, it sounds more like you enjoy dressing drag if anything. But whatever you are, know that you have a community of people who support and care for you. EC's awesome that way :slight_smile:

5. person57

Apparently I discovered a term called bigender and it means you can be both genders. And sometimes I feel like I want a female body while sometimes I love my male body. Could I be bigendered?

6. Dewey

Here is a video about gender, I think it might help you ^^: BOYS CAN HAVE A VAG!! - YouTube

---------- Post added 16th Dec 2013 at 09:58 PM ----------

That's certainly possible! There many genders just like sexuality. So you may feel both ways, yes! :slight_smile:

7. person57

And like I said earlier, I sometimes like to be referred to as she.

8. Dewey

Well if you like being called both that could lend some credibility to being bigender!

9. person57

Do you guys think I'm bigendered?

10. Zac

Zac

It's not whether we think you are, it's whether or not you feel you are

11. Tayb24

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gender is an incredibly personal experience, one in which only the person experiencing it can determine the gender they feel themselves to be. All we can do is facilitate in understanding those feelings a little bit better, no one here can define you for you, it is something that you have to conclude for yourself as only you can truly know what you are experiencing or feeling =).

12. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We'll call you whatever you want us to call you. He, she, ze, whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. As to being bigender, I think there's at least some credibility to it. In the end, it's all up to you on what you think you are, and we'll support you. :slight_smile:

13. person57

Well I'm guess I'm bigendered even though I'm not 100% sure. And I don't know why, but I feel like I currently prefer to be called a she/her right now.

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2013 at 10:22 PM ----------

And sometimes I do imagine myself with a girl body and wearing girl clothes and I feel great and beautiful. Other times I feel comfortable with my own gender. So I guess I'm bigendered, so is it really necessary for me to come out as bigender, because I personally don't want to.

14. Mister Ghosty

Haha, I hear you on the "already came out" thing. Doing it once is stressful enough.

Well, it certainly sounds like you're some sort of genderqueer! I was thinking genderfluid, but since you seem to toggle pretty cleanly between the binaries, I think you're right in calling yourself bigender!

And, no, of course you don't have to come out again if you don't want to! That's a very personal choice, and should only be done if it's something you feel is important for your wellbeing. If you don't want to do it, don't do it! It's certainly not mandatory for anything.

Good luck! :3