1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having doubts about being trans* after almost a year..

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by xAlexzanderx, Dec 17, 2013.

1. xAlexzanderx

Hi, I identify as a transguy. And heres where it gets kinda complicated. Since I was about nine I had this "fantasy world" and I was and still am I girl in it. Even though I feel like a boy and know in my heart I am a boy. But in the fantasy world I'm a girl even though sometimes I was a boy in it.... It's just all weird because in reality I see myself as a male... And it's making me have doubts and be depressed..

Has anyone experienced anything like this? And will it go away or will I see myself as a guy in my fantasy world when I begin transition?:bang::tears::help:

2. DhammaGamer

What do you mean by fantasy world? You mean your dreams? Or the way you view yourself in your mind?

3. xAlexzanderx

The way I view myself in my mind...

4. DhammaGamer

Oh that just takes time to change. Depending on how old you are you've probably had many years of developing your self-image. Not only that but you have practiced taking the mental picture of yourself and then ascribing the notion of "Self" to that mental picture. Sometimes I catch myself going back into old habits of how I used to view my body and appearance and I have to look myself in the mirror to see how far I've come. You just have to be patient. The fact that you don't like viewing yourself as a woman is a pretty good indicator that you are done viewing yourself as a woman.