1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tights, stockings, leggings and pantyhose question

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MaineBiGuy, Dec 17, 2013.

1. MaineBiGuy

MaineBiGuy Guest

Question for the ladies and crossdressers, can you wear socks over your tights or stockings? When I wear them, my shoes kinda slip around and I feel like I should have some more cushioning in there.

Thanks!

2. DhammaGamer

3. MaineBiGuy

MaineBiGuy Guest

So, no socks?

Thanks for the links! I'll look into getting them. But for now, in the winter, I'd like some more than thin stockings (when the mood strikes me to wear them). Oh, and when I'm out in public or in school, I don't want people seeing I'm wearing stockings.

4. DhammaGamer

I assumed you were asking because you are wearing stockings and tights like a girl does, to cover your legs when you're wearing a skirt or dress. If no one is going to see you in them, then why does it matter if you wear socks over them?

I never wear tights, because my legs are super long and it's hard to find ones that fit comfortably. Plus I like to show off my legs (winter or not).

5. MaineBiGuy

MaineBiGuy Guest

I'm new to it. Thought that it might be a no-no or something kinda like it might ruin the stockings or be akin to wearing chex and stripes - fashion or function sort of thing.

6. DhammaGamer

Wearing socks over tights would be a pretty big fashion faux pas. The only time I ever do that is when I'm wearing brand new boots and need extra cushioning on my heels to keep them from bleeding.

7. tatamg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It definitely doesn't damage the tights, but make sure you wear the socks on top to prevent the tights from stretching for long periods of time.
    Fashion-wise, it's not unheard of, but hard to pull off. It depends on the tights, socks, and bottom: sometimes it looks great and sometimes it looks awkward. Look up images of "tights and socks" and you'll see what I mean. If it's cold enough to justify, I'd say go for it, but otherwise stick to one of them. :slight_smile:

8. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you get socks the same color as the tights, a person on a flying horse with never know the difference. There are also some really nice dress socks out there that at inbetween socks and tights.

9. Jessica79

If you mean black tights then white / pink socks are nice if any other colour then any will work just make sure they arent the sane colour

10. apostrophied

Only if they don't show. Like I'll wear socks over tights if I need to wear my winter boots because it is more comfortable and it protects the tights, too. Otherwise, welcome to womanhood where beauty does not exist without pain, or at least varying levels of discomfort lol...

11. filodoro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I personally wouldn't wear socks over tights.