1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clothing Problem

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Daydream Harp, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Daydream Harp

So I am not able to get anything expensive as a skirt or anything like that anytime soon, but with the help of some online friends I did manage to get hold of some underwear and nice knee-high socks which I really enjoy wearing. Thing is I am still not out to my family (and only wear these when home alone) and my father does all the laundry in the house, so I am worried about getting the clothing items dirty. As of now I only wear them when I am newly showered, but I still fear for example the dirt on the floor getting into the socks. What should I do to keep them clean without my parents finding out?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I used to wash mine in the bathroom sink while I did my teeth every night and let them dry over night. It's not ideal, but it does the job,

Pleased to hear you could get something sorted out for you though :slight_smile:

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I still lived at home, my mom did the laundry. I kept my panties hidden away, and would wash them when she was at work. I made sure to put out a control pile of guys underwear periodically to keep her from finding out.

4. Daydream Harp

How would I go about washing them in the sink? Just use hand soap then or? Also would that work with my socks without them shrinking?

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it possible for you to wash and dry them when you're home alone as well? Socks and underwear tend to dry quickly, so you shouldn't really need nore than an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hand soap seems to work nicely, and you won't be able to stick your hands in water to wash them if it's hot enough to shrink them so you should be fine.

7. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Socks can be washed in the sink or even in the shower, while you are showering. There are also some nice dress socks that look unisex so no one should notice, acrylic socks for example.

8. apostrophied

Warm water and a little bit of dish soap. Hand soap could leave a deposit because of the emollients or whatever.

9. Nick07

a shampoo is also fine, just several drops, it's a two minutes job, really. Put it on a towel then, roll, twist and then remove from the towel and put it somewhere to dry overnight. Don't mix dark colors with white in the sink.